Safety & Support
School travel is safe, but issues can arise from time to time. By choosing to travel with Rayburn Tours you are guaranteed a pro-active response and the strong support of our systems and staff.
Safety Management System (SMS)
- A guide to Safety and Risk Management on Tour
- Accommodation and Coach Operator Audits
- Crisis Management System
- 24-hour on-tour emergency contact
- DBS checked staff, couriers and coach drivers
Download our own independent Safety Management System to find out more about the high safety standards we adhere to on all school trips.Safety Management System (SMS) Policy
Safety and Risk Management on Tour
Important? Time consuming? Laborious? Yes to all of the above; and that’s exactly why we provide all our clients with ‘A Guide to Safety on Tour’ which allows you to consider potential risks and can be used to aid completion of your own risk assessments or, depending on your individual Local Authority’s requirements, submitted in conjunction with your own. An increasing number of LA’s accept our LOtC badge which eliminates or minimises the amount of paperwork required. Check if your LA accepts this accreditation on the OEAP website.
Accommodation and Coach Operator Audits
All accommodation centres are audited and a successful audit ensures that they meet the benchmark set out by the School Travel Forum as well as our own exceedingly high standards. A School Tour Consultant can provide you with any further information about your chosen accommodation centre that your Local Authority may require; just ask!
All UK coach operators are audited by Rayburn Tours and have strict guidelines to adhere to. In addition, all foreign coaches comply with national transportation laws.
Crisis Management System
You never like to think about a crisis situation, but rest assured we are fully prepared in the event that exceptional circumstances prevail whilst on tour. In 2010, our crisis management system was successfully implemented following the eruption of Eyjafjallajökull in Iceland. 290 passengers were repatriated during this time thanks to the efficient action of our staff in implementing our crisis management system.
24-hour on-tour emergency contact
No matter where in the world you are on your educational trip, you can make contact with a member of the Rayburn Tours team at any time of the day or night should you need to – hopefully you won’t!
DBS checked staff, couriers and coach drivers
As you would expect, any member of the Rayburn Tours team who comes to your school or joins you on tour will have an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check to ensure they are suitable for working with children. In addition, we request that all UK coach drivers or external UK-residents who act as couriers are also fully DBS checked (subject to legal limitations).
In addition, our Safety Management System commits us to the following:
- We will promote a positive health and safety culture throughout our own and our supplier’s organisations world-wide.
- We will set measurable, achievable and realistic standards that meet the needs of our clients.
- We will ensure the provision of adequate human and financial resources to achieve a high level of safety and continuous improvement.
- We will measure and review our performance and compliance with our own system. As well as this our work is audited annually by a suitably qualified external expert, Argent argenthands.co.uk.
- We will review, maintain and update the Safety Management System annually or more frequently when changes are implemented.
Scroll to Top ↑