Payroll & Finance Assistant
An exciting role as part of our fantastic team!
As our busy team continues to grow, we have an exciting opportunity for a Payroll & Finance Assistant to join us and play a significant role in our vibrant and forward-thinking company. On completion of your initial training, you will be responsible for preparing and processing our payroll (for 90 employees) in an accurate and timely manner, ensuring the company remains compliant with all applicable payroll legislation. You will also assist the finance team with a variety of accounting tasks as required.
Accuracy is key and you’ll therefore need meticulous attention to detail. You’ll have a positive, pro-active approach and the willingness to work as part of a team. You’ll understand that confidentiality is essential in this role.
On joining us you will receive full training and support in order to equip you with the confidence, ability and expertise to exceed in your role.
It’s a busy and rewarding role in a business that has significant plans for development and future growth. We want to hear from people who believe they will thrive in this environment and are excited about the prospect of being part of the team and helping us grow!
Want to know more about this role?
- Key Duties include
- Accurate and timely submission of payroll (using Sage 50 Payroll software) which includes processing statutory payments, childcare vouchers, miscellaneous adjustments and HMRC RTI transmissions.
- Processing and managing auto-enrolment pension requirements.
- Calculation of pay for new starters, leavers and those changing roles affecting pay.
- Liaising with employees and managers to resolve payroll queries.
- Liaising with HR to ensure all relevant changes of which they have been notified are reflected in the appropriate payroll.
- Ensure all reporting & payment deadlines are adhered to
- General finance and administration duties including:
- Monthly balance sheet and P&L account reconciliations
- Management and reconciliation of company credit card statements
- Purchase ledger and Sales ledger
- Key skills and experience
- A minimum of 2 years relevant working experience
- GCSE in Math’s & English Grades 9-4 (A*-C) or equivalent
- Detailed knowledge of HMRC & National Insurance regulations
- Experience with statutory year end
- Competent with Microsoft packages (in particular excel) and Finance systems
- Excellent organisational skills
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Ability to manage time and co-ordinate priorities effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Beneficial skills and experience
- Working knowledge of
- Statutory payments, SMP, SPP, SAP, SHPP etc.
- Auto enrolment pension schemes
- Sage Account 200 and Sage 50 payroll
- AAT Technician / NVQ Level 4 or equivalent
- Working knowledge of
- A basic salary of £22,000 – £28,000 (dependent upon experience)
- 24 days holiday per year (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 27 days) in addition to all public holidays
- Contributory workplace pension
- Healthcare cashback scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible hybrid-working programme
Good to know…
Rayburn Tours is part of the Rayburn Travel Group, made up of three businesses who specialise in creating travel experiences for youth groups. Explore our brands and learn more. They are all based at our HQ in Derby and are essentially one big family – there’s no doubt about it, it’s a great place to work…
Specialising in Educational Trips, Ski Trips and Sports Tours for schools, as well as Concert Tours for all types of youth and adult ensembles, we aim to inspire our groups to seek new adventures, embrace new cultures and learn new skills.
Kick-off was in early 1989! It all started with a passion to help sports teams enjoy great touring experiences in the UK and abroad – and that passion still remains over 30 years later! Today, Sports Tours Ltd is one of the UK’s leading specialist sports tour operators, helping almost 20,000 players, coaches and their families enjoy unforgettable experiences in the UK and around the world every year.
We take the greatest pride in creating exciting international trips for Scout, Guide and other uniformed groups. Giving young people the chance to learn about new cultures, face new challenges, build important life skills and boost self-confidence (all the while having fun in the great outdoors!) is what makes this more than just a job to us.