Educational Tours Sales Consultant
An exciting role as part of our fantastic team!
If you’re looking for a consultative sales role in a vibrant and forward-thinking company, this could be the opportunity for you. As an Educational Tours Sales Consultant, you’ll play a significant role in a Derby based team who are passionate about creating opportunities for young people to embark on UK based and international educational tours.
As the first point of contact on the phone to teachers, your role will be to listen, learn more about their tour objectives and provide guidance and recommendations on which destinations best suit their needs. You’ll be having discussions about their learning objectives, their budget, preferred tour duration and when they are able to travel in order to put together tailor-made quotations and itineraries.
The majority of our client and supplier communications are undertaken digitally or by phone, however, in-person visits continue to be valuable and may take place overseas, in the UK or at our Head Office. These may, on occasions, fall outside of core office hours. You will have the opportunity to travel and accompany groups on tour so you are able to communicate the experience first-hand to other group leaders.
It’s a competitive industry, so you’ll be skilled at communicating all the relevant USP’s of our service along with the benefits of choosing to work with us. You will be dealing with multiple groups at any one time, so a demonstrative skill in managing and prioritising a busy workload is essential. You will be a good listener and a confident communicator who succeeds on proposing and delivering solutions.
You will have a positive, enthusiastic, pro-active approach and the willingness to be hands-on.
The experiences we create for our customers are unique, we will therefore fully support you in developing your skills and knowledge throughout your employment with us as we equip you with the confidence, ability and expertise to succeed in your role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who relishes the thought of combining their love of travel and sales with their career on a daily basis. Our business has significant plans for future development and growth. We want to hear from people who believe they will succeed in this environment and are excited about the prospect of being part of the team and helping us grow!
Want to know more about this role?
- Key Duties include
- Confidently taking enquiries from clients via telephone or in person.
- Advising clients of the best solutions to their requirements.
- Compiling profitable and attractive quotations for clients and ensuring regular contact is maintained throughout the process.
- Liaising with airlines, accommodation centres and other suppliers.
- Carrying out sales visits/presentations to the Party Leader and/or group; these may include face-to-face meetings with group leaders and parents’ evenings.
- Being part of the on-call rota, which provides 24-hour support for all our groups whilst on tour (average of 4-6 times each year)
- Key skills and experience
- A desire to succeed and thrive in a consultative sales role.
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and attention to detail.
- Good financial and commercial awareness.
- Strong administration skills.
- Beneficial skills and experience
- Experience of working in a consultative sales role.
- Knowledge of the travel industry.
- A basic salary of £22,000 – £27,000 (dependent upon experience)
- A commission scheme based on individual sales (OTE £2,000 – £12,000)
- A bonus scheme based on team performance (£500 – £1,500)
- 24 days holiday per year (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 27 days) in addition to all public holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible hybrid working Programme
Good to know…
Rayburn Tours is part of the Rayburn Travel Group, made up of three businesses who specialise in creating travel experiences for youth groups. Explore our brands and learn more. They are all based at our HQ in Derby and are essentially one big family – there’s no doubt about it, it’s a great place to work…
Specialising in Educational Trips, Ski Trips and Sports Tours for schools, as well as Concert Tours for all types of youth and adult ensembles, we aim to inspire our groups to seek new adventures, embrace new cultures and learn new skills.
Kick-off was in early 1989! It all started with a passion to help sports teams enjoy great touring experiences in the UK and abroad – and that passion still remains over 30 years later! Today, Sports Tours Ltd is one of the UK’s leading specialist sports tour operators, helping almost 20,000 players, coaches and their families enjoy unforgettable experiences in the UK and around the world every year.
We take the greatest pride in creating exciting international trips for Scout, Guide and other uniformed groups. Giving young people the chance to learn about new cultures, face new challenges, build important life skills and boost self-confidence (all the while having fun in the great outdoors!) is what makes this more than just a job to us.