An exciting role as part of our fantastic team!
If you’re looking for a finance role in a vibrant and forward-thinking company, this could be the opportunity for you.
As a Finance Assistant, you’ll play a significant role in a Derby based team who are passionate about creating opportunities for young people to embark on UK based and international educational, concert, activity, ski and sport tours.
It’s a busy, exciting, and rewarding role in a business that has significant plans for development and future growth. We want to hear from people who believe they will thrive in this environment and are excited about the prospect of being part of the team and helping us grow!
We’ve been working in partnership with school groups and teams, creating these amazing experiences for young people for nearly 60 years now – it’s everything we know and love! The rewards of playing a part in this are immense, and this could be you!
Want to know more about this role?
- Training and development
On joining us you will receive full training and support. We know that the experiences we create are unique, so trust that we will fully support you in developing both your skills and knowledge. This will happen as part of your ongoing employment with us. We aim to equip you with the confidence, skills, and knowledge to thrive and succeed in your role.
- Key Duties
On completion of your initial training, you will be able to assist the finance team in overseeing all aspects of the company finances.
- Daily processing of
– sales receipts (BACS, cheques and credit/debit card)
– sales and purchase invoices
– bank statement transactions (sterling and currency)
– purchase orders
- Accurate and timely postings to all associated systems (Sage 200 & our bespoke tour management system).
- Control and processing of Company debit card payments.
- Fortnightly payment runs.
- Processing of petty cash and expense claims.
- Monthly bank reconciliation.
- Proactive debtor and creditor management.
- Resolving supplier and bank queries.
- Providing additional support to the Finance team when required.
- Ad hoc support producing analytical reports.
- Monthly currency revaluations.
- Monthly tour insurance declarations.
- Daily processing of
- Key skills and experience
- Hold or be working towards AAT / CIMA
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Accuracy in data entry
- Strong IT and analytical skills, in particular with Excel
- A minimum of 2 years previous experience working within a finance team preferably in Purchase and Sales Ledger
- Proven track record of successfully working to deadlines (daily, weekly and monthly)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective communication skills with external customers i.e. suppliers, financial institutions and clients
- Beneficial skills and experience
- Working knowledge of Sage Accounts 200
- Working knowledge of online commercial banking systems
- An understanding of UK VAT classifications
- A basic salary of £22,000 – £31,000 (dependent upon experience and qualifications)
- 24 days holiday per year (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 27 days) in addition to all public holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible hybrid working Programme
Good to know…
Rayburn Tours is part of the Rayburn Travel Group, made up of three businesses who specialise in creating travel experiences for youth groups. Explore our brands and learn more. They are all based at our HQ in Derby and are essentially one big family – there’s no doubt about it, it’s a great place to work…
Specialising in Educational Trips, Ski Trips and Sports Tours for schools, as well as Concert Tours for all types of youth and adult ensembles, we aim to inspire our groups to seek new adventures, embrace new cultures and learn new skills.
Kick-off was in early 1989! It all started with a passion to help sports teams enjoy great touring experiences in the UK and abroad – and that passion still remains over 30 years later! Today, Sports Tours Ltd is one of the UK’s leading specialist sports tour operators, helping almost 20,000 players, coaches and their families enjoy unforgettable experiences in the UK and around the world every year.
We take the greatest pride in creating exciting international trips for Scout, Guide and other uniformed groups. Giving young people the chance to learn about new cultures, face new challenges, build important life skills and boost self-confidence (all the while having fun in the great outdoors!) is what makes this more than just a job to us.