Ski & Sports Tours Sales Consultant
An exciting role as part of our fantastic team!
Activity holidays are booming, so if you’re looking for a consultative sales role in a vibrant and forward-thinking company, this could be the opportunity for you.
As a Ski & Sports Tours Sales Consultant, you’ll play a significant role in a Derby based team who are passionate about creating opportunities for young people to embark on UK based and international sports tours as well as exhilarating ski trips.
As the first point of contact on the phone to teachers, team managers and group leaders, your role will be to listen, learn more about their tour objectives, before providing guidance and recommendations around which destinations best suit their needs.
For sports tours it’s about understanding their team’s objective, whether they are taking multiple teams, their budget and preferred tour duration and when they are able to travel.
For ski trips, you’ll be having discussions around budget, travel by coach or flight, February half term VS Easter skiing, ability of their skiers, ski schools and lessons, and, of course, adding on the much-loved après ski!
Constructing tailor-made quotations and itineraries which encompass travel, accommodation, sports fixtures or ski lessons, your objective will be to present an offering that group leaders will be happy to take back to their group and families. It’s a competitive industry, so you’ll be skilled at communicating all the relevant USP’s of our service along with the benefits of choosing to work with us.
It’s a busy, exciting, and rewarding role in a business that has significant plans for development and future growth. We want to hear from people who believe they will thrive in this environment and are excited about the prospect of being part of the team and helping us grow!
We’ve been working in partnership with school groups and teams, creating these amazing experiences for young people for nearly 60 years now – it’s everything we know and love! The rewards of playing a part in this are immense, and this could be you!
Want to know more about this role?
- Training and development
On joining us you will receive full training and support. We know that the experiences we create are unique, so trust that we will fully support you in developing both your skills and knowledge. This will happen as part of your ongoing employment with us. We aim to equip you with the confidence, skills, and knowledge to thrive and succeed in your role.
- Key Duties
On completion of your initial training, you’ll be ready to set to taking enquiries from clients and supporting them every step of the way.
- Confidently taking calls and online enquiries from new and existing teachers and group leaders looking to book a ski or sports tour
- Providing advice on the tours that best suit the group’s needs. There will be many factors to be taken into consideration. UK or international experience? Budget? Taking families along? Tour duration? The role is certainly of a consultative nature and requires detailed advice and planning.
- Presenting a tailor-made quotation and itinerary that meets each group’s tour objectives. You’ll maintain contact with the group leaders and support them as they launch and promote the tour to their school group and families.
- You’ll liaise with suppliers such as accommodation centres and airlines to ensure we are able to offer varied ski or sports tours that suit a variety of budgets and meet our high standards.
- You will, of course, have the opportunity to travel and get involved in our tours, sometimes accompanying groups on tour so you are able to communicate the experience first-hand to other prospective group leaders looking to travel.
- The main part of your role will be telephone based, but on occasions you may be required to plan online video meetings or meet face to face with team leaders. Sometimes these may fall outside of core office hours.
- Key skills and experience
- A desire to succeed and thrive in a consultative sales role.
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and attention to detail
- Good financial and commercial awareness
- Strong administration skills
- Beneficial skills and experience
- Experience of working in a consultative sales role
- Knowledge of the travel industry
- An interest in travel
- An interest in skiing and/or sport
- A basic salary of £20,000 – £25,000 (dependent upon experience)
- A commission scheme based on individual sales (OTE £2,000 – £12,000)
- A bonus scheme based on team performance (£500 – £1,500)
- 24 days holiday per year (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 27 days) in addition to all public holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible hybrid working Programme
Good to know…
Rayburn Tours is part of the Rayburn Travel Group, made up of three businesses who specialise in creating travel experiences for youth groups. Explore our brands and learn more. They are all based at our HQ in Derby and are essentially one big family – there’s no doubt about it, it’s a great place to work…
Specialising in Educational Trips, Ski Trips and Sports Tours for schools, as well as Concert Tours for all types of youth and adult ensembles, we aim to inspire our groups to seek new adventures, embrace new cultures and learn new skills.
Kick-off was in early 1989! It all started with a passion to help sports teams enjoy great touring experiences in the UK and abroad – and that passion still remains over 30 years later! Today, Sports Tours Ltd is one of the UK’s leading specialist sports tour operators, helping almost 20,000 players, coaches and their families enjoy unforgettable experiences in the UK and around the world every year.
We take the greatest pride in creating exciting international trips for Scout, Guide and other uniformed groups. Giving young people the chance to learn about new cultures, face new challenges, build important life skills and boost self-confidence (all the while having fun in the great outdoors!) is what makes this more than just a job to us.