School History Trips to Berlin
Negotiate your way through the eras of German history
Beneath Berlin’s vibrant urban culture lies a rich and complex history. A city that staged a revolution, was headquartered by Nazis, hit by bombs, divided in two and finally reunited, there’s so much history for you and your students to uncover in this fascinating city.
Whilst you could spend weeks in this amazing city, a quick weekend trip will be enough to whet your students’ appetites to learn more as they uncover a piece of the past with every corner turned.
Our Recommended Itinerary
Here’s what your trip could look like
Flight & Transfer
Insider Walking Tour
Evening Meal & Berlin TV Tower
Spree River Cruise
Free time for sightseeing & souvenir shopping
Based on a 3 day, 2 night weekend tour for 36 passengers (+4 free places) travelling October 2020. Subject to availability.
- Return flights from UK to Berlin
- Return airport transfers in resort
- Public transport tickets in resort
- 1 full day additional coaching (Wannsee & Sachsenhausen day)
- Half board accommodation
- Travel insurance
- Free staff place ratio 1:10
- 24/7 support
- Vamoos travel app & info pack
- Tailor-made itinerary
- Insider Walking Tour
- Berlin TV Tower
- Spree River Cruise
- Reichstag Visit
- History Tour Guide
- Dedicated Tour Manager
- Hoodies and Polo Shirts
Excursions in Berlin
Browse a selection of our favourite excursions
Popular places to stay in Berlin
- Located beside Humboldthain Park in the Mitte district
- 5 minute walk from Gesundbrunnen Centre shopping mall
- Within walking distance of Berliner Unterwelten underground tour
- Multi, quad, triple, twin and single beds with en-suite rooms
- Customer Feedback: "Hotel was good value for money, staff were helpful and there were no problems with the service!" Our Lady of Sion Senior School
- Customer Feedback: "Our second year staying here! It's ideal for school groups, serves excellent breakfast & dinner and is in the perfect location." St Paul's Academy
- Family-friendly club room with pool table, table football, darts and TV
- Vending machine
- Luggage storage
- Spend some time in the club room playing pool or darts
- Enjoy a night of karaoke
- Walk to the Gesundbrunnen Centre for a spot of shopping
- Grab a bite to eat in one of the nearby restaurants or bars
- Relax in Humboldthain Park just next door
- Situated in Prenzlauer Berg and close to the metro system
- Close to the Hackescher Markt shopping area
- Multi, quad, triple, twin and single bed rooms
- En-suite rooms
- Customer Feedback: "The hotel was very good and the rooms were lovely" Trinity Catholic High School
- Café and bar area
- Common room with pool table and table football
- Luggage storage
- Grab a drink in the café and bar area
- Relax in the common room and play a game of pool or table football
- Hop on the metro for sightseeing in the city centre
- Enjoy a spot of shopping at the nearby Hackescher Markt
All secondary school students
- The formation of Germany
- Imperial German history
- The First World War
- The Weimar Republic
- The Second World War
- The Holocaust
- The Cold War
- The EU and modern Europe
Your journey doesn’t have to end here! See what else we can offer to help you get the most out of your tour. From expert History Tour Guides to dedicated Tour Managers, we’ll go above and beyond to support you and your students.
Discover more about this tour
What our customers say
Miss Victoria Black
Planned well and great customer service from the team.
Mrs Suzanna Cox
A fantastic experience for our students who truly felt that their History course had been brought to life for them.
Trinity Catholic High School
Mr Gavin Abrahams
An great educational experience that brought the history of Germany in the twentieth century to life.
FAQs about this tour
Find the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
Do you provide risk assessments for hotels?
Rayburn Tours have individual audits which are completed on every hotel/accommodation centre which we use. We are more than happy for you to see this should you wish. Our audits cover fire safety, means of escape and general safety.
What if the weather is bad on tour and it means we have to change our programme?
It’s no problem at all! If you are accompanied by a Rayburn Tours representative they will be happy to help. Alternatively, call us on the 24-hour emergency line. We will advise on all excursions where necessary, however, it may not always be possible to reschedule all activities in bad weather.
What does our insurance cover us for?
Our insurance providers offer comprehensive cover to our groups for the duration of their tour and is tailored specifically for schools, with specialist insurance policies for individual tour types. As with any insurance cover, it is vital that you read through the terms and conditions and that you declare any relevant information as requested. Please see our insurance page for further information and to see what is covered. For groups opting to take their own insurance, we highly recommend that you read all inclusions and exclusions prior to departure.
Is our Tour Manager fully DBS (formerly CRB) checked?
Our Tour Managers, Field Study Tutors and History Tour Guides, with UK citizenship, have an enhanced DBS check. Non UK citizenship Tour Managers cannot be checked under the DBS scheme. Rayburn Tours will seek confirmation that Tour Managers are suitable for working with children by liaising with relevant foreign agents and monitoring group feedback.
Travel in safe hands
Your safety is of the utmost importance to us and we monitor the safety aspects of all of our tours to ensure you have a memorable experience for all the right reasons.Discover More