Product Executive / Manager (with languages)
An exciting role as part of our fantastic team!
Travel has returned with vigour! As our busy team continues to grow, we have an exciting opportunity for two Product Executives/Product Managers to join us and play a significant role in our vibrant and forward-thinking company. On completion of your initial training, you will work closely with our Head of Product to assist with the management and development of our product portfolio for schools, concert ensembles, sport and ski groups and members of the Scout Association and Girlguiding.
Whilst you may be involved in all areas of our portfolio, we will endeavour to assign product areas to you which are most suited to your knowledge, experience, skills, languages spoken and interests. You will have responsibility for developing and maintaining strong relationships with our network of worldwide suppliers and undertake negotiations to secure contracts and optimal rates.
Within the business, you will liaise frequently with the sales and operational teams to ensure they have all the information and expertise they need to sell and operate interesting and varied tours. In addition, you will support them in resolving any issues that may occasionally arise.
The majority of our supplier communications are undertaken digitally, however, in-person visits continue to be valuable and may take place overseas, in the UK or at our Head Office.
With an extensive portfolio to manage, the ability to prioritise your workload is essential. You will be a good listener and a confident communicator who succeeds in effectively training colleagues and delivering solutions.
Strong analytical skills are needed to continually monitor our product performance. Your commercial awareness will be required to evaluate comparisons of our products and portfolio with those of our competitors.
You will have a positive, enthusiastic, pro-active approach and the willingness to be hands-on.
The experiences we create for our customers are unique, we will therefore fully support you in developing your skills and knowledge throughout your employment with us as we equip you with the confidence, ability and expertise to thrive and succeed in your role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who relishes the thought of combining their love of travel and languages with their career on a daily basis. Our business has significant plans for future development and growth. We want to hear from people who believe they will thrive in this environment and are excited about the prospect of being part of the team and helping us grow!
Want to know more about this role?
- Key Duties include
- Managing supplier information and data, providing analysis when required.
- Identifying opportunities and developing new products.
- Delivering training to colleagues on new and existing products.
- Identifying and addressing potential supplier and product issues.
- Key skills and experience
- Experience of working in a product role within the travel industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in French, Italian, German, or Spanish.
- The ability to use own initiative.
- Commercial acumen and able to identify opportunities.
- Strong negotiation, analytical and IT skills.
- Flexibility to travel overseas when necessary.
- Beneficial skills and experience
- Experience in group travel.
- Previous Health and Safety auditing experience to assist with accommodation inspections.
- A basic salary of £22,000 – £30,000 (dependent upon experience)
- A bonus scheme
- 24 days holiday per year (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 27 days) in addition to all public holidays
- Contributory workplace pension
- Healthcare cashback scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible hybrid-working programme
Good to know…
Rayburn Tours is part of the Rayburn Travel Group, made up of three businesses who specialise in creating travel experiences for youth groups. Explore our brands and learn more. They are all based at our HQ in Derby and are essentially one big family – there’s no doubt about it, it’s a great place to work…
Specialising in Educational Trips, Ski Trips and Sports Tours for schools, as well as Concert Tours for all types of youth and adult ensembles, we aim to inspire our groups to seek new adventures, embrace new cultures and learn new skills.
Kick-off was in early 1989! It all started with a passion to help sports teams enjoy great touring experiences in the UK and abroad – and that passion still remains over 30 years later! Today, Sports Tours Ltd is one of the UK’s leading specialist sports tour operators, helping almost 20,000 players, coaches and their families enjoy unforgettable experiences in the UK and around the world every year.
We take the greatest pride in creating exciting international trips for Scout, Guide and other uniformed groups. Giving young people the chance to learn about new cultures, face new challenges, build important life skills and boost self-confidence (all the while having fun in the great outdoors!) is what makes this more than just a job to us.