An exciting role as part of our fantastic team!
If you’re looking for a unique role in the travel industry, planning the logistics of tailor-made trips and itineraries for school groups, concert ensembles, sport groups and members of the Scout Association and Girlguiding, our vibrant and forward-thinking company could be just the place for you.
We have 4 positions available and you’ll be assigned to the department and role that we feel best suits your skills and interests. As a Tour Co-ordinator, you’ll play a significant role in a Derby based team who are passionate about creating opportunities for young people in schools and in the community to embark on international tour experiences.
You’ll have one to one contact with the group leader and, during the months of pre-planning leading up to their tour, together you’ll agree and plan an itinerary that meets their group’s tour objectives. Working closely with our network of worldwide suppliers you’ll have responsibility for booking flights, transportation in resort, accommodation, excursions, as well as tour elements that are specific to that groups tour type.
For educational tours you’ll book visits that complement their curriculum, for concert tours you’ll secure their venues and gather an audience, sports tours it’ll be about arranging friendly fixtures, for ski trips, lessons and après ski activities will be top of the agenda and Scouts and guides will be focussed on integrating adrenaline fuelled activities into their trip. With no two groups’ tour objectives being the same, you’ll need meticulous attention to detail and a desire to create a tour itinerary that wows!
You’ll be manging the tour arrangements of multiple groups at any one time, so a demonstrative skill in managing and prioritising a busy workload is vital. You’ll be a good listener and a confident communicator who thrives on proposing and delivering solutions.
Rayburn Tours is known as one the UK’s leading providers of international educational school trips, ski and sports tours, as well as concert tours for youth and adult ensembles, while our sister company Venture Abroad specialises in international activity trips for members of the Scout Association and Girlguiding; our excellent reputation is defined by the quality of tours we deliver to each and every group we work with.
Creating a bespoke itinerary, contracting suppliers to deliver the separate elements of the tour and seeing groups enjoy the outcomes of what you have planned will be your daily reward. It’s certainly an addictive and exciting role for the right candidate.
Our business has significant plans for future development and growth. We want to hear from people who believe they will thrive in this environment and are excited about the prospect of being part of the team and helping us grow!
We’ve been working in partnership with UK based groups, creating these amazing experiences for young people for nearly 60 years now – it’s everything we know and love! The rewards of playing a part in this are immense, and this could be you!
Want to know more about this role?
- Training and development
On joining us you will receive full training and support. We know that the experiences we create are unique, so trust that we will fully support you in developing both your skills and knowledge. This will happen as part of your ongoing employment with us. We aim to equip you with the confidence, skills, and knowledge to thrive and succeed in your role.
- Key Duties
On completion of your initial training, you’ll be ready to start working with clients, planning their tours and managing logistics, supporting them every step of the way.
- Confidently liaising with clients over the phone and by email to provide updates on the logistics and planning of their tour.
- Liaising with our network of suppliers to deliver itineraries that meet all groups’ tour objectives.
- Ensuring that the timings of itineraries work seamlessly.
- Assisting the product development team to ensure our tour portfolio and supplier database is continually developing and improving.
- You will, of course, have the opportunity to travel and get involved in our tours, sometimes accompanying groups on tour so you are able to communicate the experience first-hand to other group leaders.
- The main part of your role will be telephone based, but on occasions you may be required to plan online video meetings or meet face to face with team leaders. These may, on occasion, fall outside of core office hours.
- Key skills and experience
- A desire to succeed and thrive in a logistical travel planning role.
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and attention to detail.
- Good financial and commercial awareness.
- Strong administration skills.
- Full UK driving license.
- Beneficial skills and experience
- An interest or demonstrative experience of working in one of the named tour type industries eg education, concerts, sport or ski or the Scout or Guide movements.
- Knowledge of the travel industry.
- Fluency in Spanish, French, German or Italian.
- A basic salary of £20,000 – £28,000 (dependent upon experience)
- A bonus scheme
- 24 days holiday per year (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 27 days) in addition to all public holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible hybrid working Programme
Good to know…
Rayburn Tours is part of the Rayburn Travel Group, made up of three businesses who specialise in creating travel experiences for youth groups. Explore our brands and learn more. They are all based at our HQ in Derby and are essentially one big family – there’s no doubt about it, it’s a great place to work…
Specialising in Educational Trips, Ski Trips and Sports Tours for schools, as well as Concert Tours for all types of youth and adult ensembles, we aim to inspire our groups to seek new adventures, embrace new cultures and learn new skills.
Kick-off was in early 1989! It all started with a passion to help sports teams enjoy great touring experiences in the UK and abroad – and that passion still remains over 30 years later! Today, Sports Tours Ltd is one of the UK’s leading specialist sports tour operators, helping almost 20,000 players, coaches and their families enjoy unforgettable experiences in the UK and around the world every year.
We take the greatest pride in creating exciting international trips for Scout, Guide and other uniformed groups. Giving young people the chance to learn about new cultures, face new challenges, build important life skills and boost self-confidence (all the while having fun in the great outdoors!) is what makes this more than just a job to us.