Bilingual Tour Co-ordinator (Italian or Spanish)
An exciting role as part of our fantastic team!
Travel has returned with vigour! As our busy team continues to grow, we have an exciting opportunity for an Italian or Spanish speaker to join us and play a significant role in our vibrant and forward-thinking company. On completion of your initial training, you will plan the logistics of tailor-made trips and itineraries for school groups.
You will work closely with our group leaders throughout the months leading up to their tour departure, during which an itinerary that meets their group’s tour objectives can be agreed and planned. Working closely with our network of worldwide suppliers, you will have responsibility for booking flights, accommodation, excursions, transportation in resort and educational visits.
The majority of our client and supplier communications are undertaken digitally or by phone, however, in-person visits continue to be valuable and may take place overseas, in the UK or at our Head Office. These may, on occasions, fall outside of core office hours. You will have the opportunity to travel and accompany groups on tour so you are able to communicate the experience first-hand to other group leaders.
You will be manging the tour arrangements of multiple groups at any one time, so a demonstrative skill in managing and prioritising a busy workload is essential. You will be a good listener and a confident communicator who succeeds on proposing and delivering solutions. With no two groups’ tour objectives being the same, you’ll need meticulous attention to detail and a desire to create a tour itinerary that wows!
You will have a positive, enthusiastic, pro-active approach and the willingness to be hands-on.
The experiences we create for our customers are unique, we will therefore fully support you in developing your skills and knowledge throughout your employment with us as we equip you with the confidence, ability and expertise to succeed in your role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who relishes the thought of combining their love of travel and languages with their career on a daily basis. Our business has significant plans for future development and growth. We want to hear from people who believe they will succeed in this environment and are excited about the prospect of being part of the team and helping us grow!
Want to know more about this role?
- Key Duties include
- Confidently liaising with clients over the phone and by email to provide updates on the logistics and planning of their tour.
- Liaising with our network of suppliers to deliver itineraries that meet all groups’ tour objectives.
- Ensuring that the timings of itineraries work seamlessly.
- Assisting the product team to ensure our tour portfolio and supplier database is continually developing and improving.
- Being part of the on-call rota which provides 24-hour support for all our groups whilst on tour (average of 4-6 times each year)
- Key skills and experience
- A desire to succeed in a logistical travel planning role.
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and attention to detail.
- Good financial and commercial awareness.
- Strong administration skills.
- Fluency in Italian or Spanish.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Beneficial skills and experience
- An interest or experience of working with educational groups and / or concert ensembles.
- Knowledge of the travel industry.
- Fluency in French or German.
- A basic salary of £22,000 – £28,000 (dependent upon experience)
- A bonus scheme
- 24 days holiday per year (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 27 days) in addition to all public holidays
- Contributory workplace pension
- Healthcare cashback scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible hybrid-working programme
Good to know…
Rayburn Tours is part of the Rayburn Travel Group, made up of three businesses who specialise in creating travel experiences for youth groups. Explore our brands and learn more. They are all based at our HQ in Derby and are essentially one big family – there’s no doubt about it, it’s a great place to work…
Specialising in Educational Trips, Ski Trips and Sports Tours for schools, as well as Concert Tours for all types of youth and adult ensembles, we aim to inspire our groups to seek new adventures, embrace new cultures and learn new skills.
Kick-off was in early 1989! It all started with a passion to help sports teams enjoy great touring experiences in the UK and abroad – and that passion still remains over 30 years later! Today, Sports Tours Ltd is one of the UK’s leading specialist sports tour operators, helping almost 20,000 players, coaches and their families enjoy unforgettable experiences in the UK and around the world every year.
We take the greatest pride in creating exciting international trips for Scout, Guide and other uniformed groups. Giving young people the chance to learn about new cultures, face new challenges, build important life skills and boost self-confidence (all the while having fun in the great outdoors!) is what makes this more than just a job to us.