With the world’s doors re-opening and the green light from the Department for Education for international school travel to resume, we’re hearing from schools and groups who are ready and raring to get away and give their students and group members the adventures they’ve been waiting for.
If you’ve got a trip booked for this year, or next, then we know you may have questions. ABTA’s #ReadySteadyTravel campaign is a great place to get some answers. It aims to help you prepare for your next trip, understand the latest Government requirements for travel and offers tips and advice on travelling at this time. For more specific questions about your trip, speak to your Tour Coordinator who will be happy to help.
For groups looking to plan their next trip, we understand that you’ll want to tread carefully and ensure that you’re working with a travel company you can trust. This is why we want to assure you that even in these uncertain times, we’ve got you covered with our Covid Guarantee.
Here is how we can help you book with confidence:
Postpone Your Tour
During the pandemic we have, to date, postponed over 300 tours at the request of groups who were worried about the impact of COVID-19 on their tour. We are happy to discuss postponing a tour at any point should you wish to explore the possibility of moving your trip to a later date due to concerns with current Covid-19 issues. There may be additional charges involved but we will always do our best to keep prices the same as your original tour.
Postponing a tour is always the first option we will explore when a groups’ travel arrangement may be at risk due to COVID-19.
Flexible Deposit Schedules
If you need support with more flexible deposit payment terms, then please contact us and we can discuss what will work for you.
Receive a Full Refund
With our Covid Guarantee you will have the option to cancel your tour and receive a 100% refund if any of the situations listed below are in place and your departure is imminent (0-21 days before departure).
- FCDO (Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office) advising against all but essential travel to your destination.
- Quarantine is required on arrival at your destination or on returning to the UK.
- National or regional lockdown restrictions in the UK which prevent your group from travelling.
- Where local legislation is in place at you destination which inhibits the primary reason for your tour.
- Any form of social distancing which would make group travel unfeasible.
Additional Terms and Conditions
- Only applicable if your school/college/RPA Government backed indemnity insurance will not cover your claim.
- Only applicable for tours booked from 1st September 2021.
- You must have adhered to our deposit payment schedule.
- 100% refund only applies to group cancellation. Standard terms and conditions apply to individual passengers dropping out.
- Quarantine caused by insufficient vaccination due to the choice of the individual/group, where sufficient vaccination was available to the individual/group, is excluded.
- A full refund will be payable up to 60 days after the date of scheduled departure to allow us to obtain refunds from suppliers, such as airlines and accommodation providers.
Market Leading Insurance with Additional COVID-19 Cover
We can now offer group travel insurance which contains specific cover for individuals who no longer can take part in their tour due to COVID-19 in the following scenarios:
- If you have been diagnosed as positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to departure.
- If you have been hospitalised due to COVID-19 which results in you being unable to travel.
- If you have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace for a period of time that prevents you from taking part in the trip.
The insurance policy also covers the additional costs of accommodation and transportation should an individual contract Covid-19 and have to self-isolate while abroad and reimbursement of non-returnable charges for unused travel and accommodation.
In addition, with the prior authorisation of the Emergency Assistance Service, reasonable additional transport and/or accommodation expenses for a group leader/teacher to stay with the individual or, if necessary, for a family member to travel to the location and stay until return is also covered.
A tour operator you can trust…
Rayburn Tours is an independent, family-run business that’s been creating unforgettable international experiences for school groups since 1965… and we’re thrilled to be back doing what we do best!
- We are a founding member of the School Travel Forum (STF).
- We are ABTA bounded and ATOL licenced for financial peace of mind (your money is safe with us!).
- We are Learning Outside the Classroom (LOTC) accredited.
- Our staff are highly trained to help you every step of the way (we hold a Gold rating with Investors in People).
- Our average customer rating is 4.8 out of 5 and 98% of our customers would recommend us.
Don’t just take our word for it:
What our customers say
Trevor Hounsome, Enderby Youth Band
“Thank you very much for all the help you have provided us with. These are difficult times for everyone, and your company has acted with integrity.”
Anna Stringer, Elmfield Rudolf Steiner School
“Really friendly and helpful service. Very happy with how they’ve managed cancelled tours and refunds. Will definitely book with them again.”
Guy Boyes, St George’s College
“We have organised trips with Rayburn for over 15 years and they always do their best to help us have the best trip possible. This year is no different.”
Andy Williamson, More House School
“Rayburn have always been at the end of the phone and always got back to me within 24-48 hours. They have an answer for it all, if you have an issue or concern they’ll come back to you.”
Guidance from the Department for Education
What did we do when Covid hit?
Future of school travel