Having just been away with a prep group, these are my top 5 things to consider when looking for your prep school’s next ski trip:
1. Convenience – Piste-side hotels, hot lunches on the slopes, ski storage by the piste; Rayburn have a number of options across Europe and further afield that are super convenient, making your life in resort a whole lot easier!
2. Safety on tour – We carefully audit every hotel in our catalogue, making sure they meet the STF’s standard for school groups. We also assess all evening activities and travel arrangements for suitability and safety.
3. Resort – The students are unlikely to make the most of a monster-sized ski area, so why not look at a smaller, quainter resort for that traditional, secure mountain feel?
4. Après – With younger groups, your evening entertainment programme won’t need to be jam-packed. Allow the students some time to relax, enjoy what might be their first time away from family, and get some well-earned rest too!
5. Parents – If you’re concerned about the ‘first time away from home’ jitters, why not invite parents along too? It helps to make the trip more cost effective and take some of the weight off your shoulders, win-win!
Blog written by Oli, Tour Consultant