An exciting role as part of our fantastic team!
If you’re an enthusiastic individual with a strong desire to be a successful marketer with a focus on digital content and strategies, then this could be the opportunity for you! We’re a vibrant and forward-thinking company who are passionate about creating opportunities for young people to embark on UK based and international educational, concert, ski and sport tours.
As a Marketing Executive you’ll play a significant role in our busy in-house marketing team who, together, have combined responsibility for marketing the travel experiences of our 3 brands; Rayburn Tours, Venture Abroad and Sports Tours Ltd.
You’ll be supported by a creative marketing team made up of content creators, digital specialists and graphic designers. It’s an exciting environment where you’ll be researching and creating marketing content that Google loves through various channels as well as creating much loved offline material. Blogs, email campaigns, outreaching PR, writing content to convert website visitors and strategizing – the list goes on! One thing’s for sure, no two days are the same!
You’ll be involved in all aspects of our work, from concept through to creation. This role will provide you with the opportunity to get your marketing hands ‘dirty’ and develop your skills in a fast paced, challenging, and fun environment.
Routes to market are vast, a creative eye for detail is key. You will take pride in delivering quality marketing campaigns and messages that inspire our target markets to travel whilst at the same time promoting trust in the specialist tailor made services we provide.
You will have a positive, enthusiastic, pro-active approach and the willingness to be hands-on.
The experiences we create for our customers are unique, we will therefore fully support you in developing your skills and knowledge throughout your employment with us as we equip you with the confidence, ability and expertise to succeed in your role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who relishes the thought of combining their love of travel and marketing with their career on a daily basis. Our business has significant plans for future development and growth. We want to hear from people who believe they will succeed in this environment and are excited about the prospect of being part of the team and helping us grow!
Want to know more about this role?
- Key Duties include
- Help develop and execute a multi-channel content strategy and schedule for three brands.
- Play an active role in the measurement and reporting of marketing performance.
- Identify trends and insights. Optimize content accordingly.
- Continually develop our brand voice and ensure that all content remains consistent to this.
- Attend both in person and online conferences and exhibitions.
- Assist in building and maintaining our social media presence for all 3 arms of the business.
- Write and adapt engaging copy for a range of media both online and offline.
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns, including SEO (Search Engine Optimisation), email, social media and display advertising.
- Writing short and snappy headlines for use in social media campaigns and on our websites.
- Work on briefs written by others throughout the company, as well as develop your own ideas and initiatives.
- Play a hands-on role in creating and improving content on all 3 of our company websites.
- Plan, execute, and measure a/b testing techniques on websites and in e-marketing.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create landing pages and optimize user experience.
- Brainstorm and contribute creative ideas to improve the outcome of campaigns and positively influence departmental enquiry targets.
- Key skills and experience
- A marketing qualification and/or a minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in a marketing role.
- A clear understanding of best practice when creating digital content across various platforms, including company websites, blogs, social media and email campaigns.
- Experience of using and analysing data within Google Analytics.
- Creative and imaginative.
- Innovative with the confidence and ability to present fresh ideas.
- Skilled in writing engaging, clear, concise and grammatically correct copy.
- An exceptional eye for detail.
- Ability to manage time and co-ordinate priorities effectively.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Beneficial skills and experience
- Previous experience of working within the travel industry
- Previous experience of copywriting and proof-reading marketing content
- An interest in travel
- A basic salary of £23,000 – £28,000 (dependent upon experience)
- A bonus scheme
- 24 days holiday per year (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 27 days) in addition to all public holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible hybrid working Programme
Good to know…
Rayburn Tours is part of the Rayburn Travel Group, made up of three businesses who specialise in creating travel experiences for youth groups. Explore our brands and learn more. They are all based at our HQ in Derby and are essentially one big family – there’s no doubt about it, it’s a great place to work…
Rayburn Tours is known as one of the UK’s leading providers of international educational school trips, ski and sports tours, as well as concert tours for youth and adult ensembles. We aim to inspire our groups to seek new adventures, embrace new cultures and learn new skills.
Kick-off for Sports Tours Ltd was in early 1989. It all started with a passion to help sports teams enjoy tournaments and touring experiences in the UK and abroad. Today, we are one of the UK’s prominent specialist sports tour operators, helping almost 20,000 players, coaches and their families enjoy unforgettable experiences every year.
Venture Abroad specialises in international activity trips for members of the Scout Association, Girlguiding and other uniformed groups. Giving young people the chance to learn about new cultures, face new challenges, build important life skills and boost self-confidence – all while having fun in the great outdoors! We also create tailor-made holidays for members of the Trefoil Guild, either as a group or by bringing individuals together, so they can travel to worldwide destinations with other members of the association.