Key information to your trip organisation
Organising your ski trip involves liaising with suppliers at home and abroad. Hoteliers, coach companies, ferry companies, ski schools and other suppliers all play a part in helping us prepare a fantastic ski trip for your group. But all these suppliers confirm information to us at different points of the organisational process, which means your final itinerary may only be known a few weeks ahead of departure.
So here’s some important information to help you understand how your trip will fit together and when the details will be confirmed.
- Please inform Rayburn Tours if you need to take any hard shell cases, extra bags, extra equipment, ski bags or anything other than standard soft shell cases. Availability to take extras such as these are subject to confirmation by the coach company.
- All travel times within your itinerary have been put together in conjunction with the Rayburn Tours Transport Manager, we recommend that you do not intentionally deviate from these timings.
- Your confirmed travel itinerary requires confirmation of crossing times from the ferry companies, these are usually provided prior to the Christmas break for all winter departures.
- Rayburn Tours uses local ski schools and instructors who know the ski area in which they are teaching. As a result, the ski school will dictate ski groups, where and how the groups progress and any changes between ski groups.
- Ski lesson times are requested before the ski season begins, however ski schools often only reconfirm the times 1 or 2 weeks before arrival.
- In the majority of ski resorts, particularly during the peak season, ski/snowboard instructors will be teaching back-to-back lessons throughout the day. With this in mind, any 2 or 3 hour ski session is likely to finish 5 or 10 minutes before the hour to allow transfer time between the two classes.
- Lunch breaks will usually be either 1 or 2 hours. This is subject to confirmation by the ski school and dependent on instructor availability, particularly at peak periods.
- While we request that instructors remain the same during your week, this may not always be possible. We will advise you in advance in instances when the ski school informs us of possible instructor changes.
- Unless otherwise stated, all groups will have a ski rep. The ski rep will usually meet each group upon arrival in resort, though on occasion they may travel out with their group.
- Please note that Rayburn Ski includes all tourist taxes as part of your tour price, so these should not be paid on arrival.
- Rooming will be requested from the hotelier upon receipt of a completed passenger manifest. Specific room allocations cannot be guaranteed and final rooming will be confirmed within 1 or 2 weeks before departure, yet remains subject to change by the hotelier.
- Damage deposits may be required at check in. Where possible we will advise you of these in advance of arrival.
- Space for in-house après ski activities should be requested in advance of departure directly to your Tour Co-ordinator.
Final day arrangements for coach groups
- Groups will be required to check out of all rooms on the morning of the final ski day.
- Coach drivers will not be available on the final day and they will be provided with rooms to rest in advance of the evening departure.
- A number of rooms will be requested from the hotel to be used for changing after skiing and before departure. Your rep will reconfirm these arrangements in the days prior to departure.
- Luggage storage will also be sourced for your final ski day.
- The hotel will determine when the final day meal takes place.