An exciting role as part of our fantastic team!
If you’re looking for an administrative role in a vibrant and forward-thinking company, this could be the opportunity for you – and, right now, we have 3 positions available!
As a Travel Administrator, you’ll play a significant role in a Derby based team who are passionate about creating opportunities for young people to embark on UK based and international educational, concert, activity, ski and sport tours.
It’s a busy, exciting, and rewarding role in a business that has significant plans for development and future growth. We want to hear from people who believe they will thrive in this environment and are excited about the prospect of being part of the team and helping us grow!
We’ve been working in partnership with school groups and teams, creating these amazing experiences for young people, for nearly 60 years now – it’s everything we know and love! The rewards of playing a part in this are immense, and this could be you!
Want to know more about this role?
- Training and development
On joining us, you will receive full training and support. We know that the experiences we create are unique, so trust that we will fully support you in developing both your skills and knowledge. This will happen as part of your ongoing employment with us. We aim to equip you with the confidence, skills, and knowledge to thrive and succeed in your role.
- Key Duties
On completion of your initial training, you’ll be ready to support our sales and operations team in providing excellent customer service to our clients.
- Liaising with clients by telephone and email.
- Preparing the all-important client support information such as PowerPoint presentations and quotation documents (including basic preparation of online quotations).
- Researching hotel accommodation, flights, excursions etc, as well as monitoring staff requests for bookings.
- Accurately amending our customer database, as well as regular monthly analysis of client, industry, and marketing data to produce contact lists.
- Processing invoices and payments for clients.
- Assisting with post-booking procedure including requesting passenger lists and Advanced Passenger Information, rooming allocations and setting up final document packs.
- Key skills and experience
- Ability to manage time and co-ordinate priorities effectively
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- A confident and polite telephone manner
- Beneficial skills and experience
- Financial and commercial awareness
- Knowledge of the travel industry
- An interest in travel
- Experience of working in an administration position
- A basic salary of £18,000 – £22,000 (dependent upon experience)
- 24 days holiday per year (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 27 days) in addition to all public holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible hybrid working Programme
Good to know…
Rayburn Tours is part of the Rayburn Travel Group, made up of three businesses who specialise in creating travel experiences for youth groups. Explore our brands and learn more. They are all based at our HQ in Derby and are essentially one big family – there’s no doubt about it, it’s a great place to work…
Specialising in Educational Trips, Ski Trips and Sports Tours for schools, as well as Concert Tours for all types of youth and adult ensembles, we aim to inspire our groups to seek new adventures, embrace new cultures and learn new skills.
Kick-off was in early 1989! It all started with a passion to help sports teams enjoy great touring experiences in the UK and abroad – and that passion still remains over 30 years later! Today, Sports Tours Ltd is one of the UK’s leading specialist sports tour operators, helping almost 20,000 players, coaches and their families enjoy unforgettable experiences in the UK and around the world every year.
We take the greatest pride in creating exciting international trips for Scout, Guide and other uniformed groups. Giving young people the chance to learn about new cultures, face new challenges, build important life skills and boost self-confidence (all the while having fun in the great outdoors!) is what makes this more than just a job to us.