To kick off our first blog post of 2016, we thought we’d take a look at a few of our long haul tours and a quick peek at the Official New 7 Wonders of the World – something that ties in nicely with the launch of our new destination for 2016… India!
For anyone who doesn’t know, the Official New 7 Wonders of the World were elected by a mammoth 100+ million votes at the Declaration Ceremony on 7th July 2007 (that’s 07.07.07!) to represent global heritage throughout history. In short, these are some of the most awe-inspiring constructions you’ll ever see.
All the Official New 7 Wonders of the World are equal and presented as a group without any ranking, with the final 7 being chosen as:
• Christ the Redeemer: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
• Great Wall of China: China
• Machu Picchu: Peru
• Petra: Jordan
• Pyramid at Chichén Itzá: Yucatán Peninsula, Mexico
• Roman Colosseum: Rome, Italy
• Taj Mahal: Agra, India
Taking a closer look at the Taj Mahal, here’s some top facts about this Indian treasure:
• It’s estimated that the Taj Mahal took more than 22,000 people to build
• Construction of the Taj Mahal took around 20 years, beginning around 1632 and finishing around 1653
• The Taj Mahal was built in memory of the Emperor’s third and most favourite wife, Mumtāz Mahal
• The four sides of the Taj Mahal are perfectly identical, creating an astonishingly mirrored image on each side
Discover the Taj Mahal for yourself with our new cricket and hockey tours to India. Only here can you discover the contrasting districts of Old and New Delhi, the regal brilliance of Jaipur and the magical lure of Agra on your journey around the Golden Triangle.
These three enchanting cities show the very best of India, from its breath-taking scenery and majestic temples, to its authentic cuisine and vibrant markets. With cricket being India’s most-loved sport and hockey not far behind it, sports teams will thrive in this country’s top-class facilities with its sport-mad residents.
Fancy a piece of the action? Visit our website to find out more about our incredible India destination and see a sample itinerary. After all, a new year calls for a new adventure!