The ICC World Twenty20 2016 is the sixth edition of the ICC World Twenty20 and will be held in India for the first time from the 8th March to the 3rd April. To celebrate the start of the tournament, we’ve pulled together some interesting facts about the event…
- 58 matches (35 men’s and 23 women’s matches) will be played across the 8 venues in India
- The tournament will feature 16 teams. 10 teams qualified automatically through their status as full members of the International Cricket Council, while another 6 qualified through the 2015 World Twenty20 Qualifiers
- The men’s event will carry a total prize money of £3,952,834 which is an 86% increase from the 2014 tournament
- The women’s event will carry a total prize money of £2,823,450 which is a 122% increase from the 2014 tournament
- The men’s final will take place at Eden Gardens in Kolkata where the winning team will be presented with the Nissan ICC World Twenty20 2016 Trophy
Experience India for yourself
Combining unique sporting experiences with cultural discovery, our new Sports Tour to India allows you explore the contrasting districts of Old and New Delhi, the regal brilliance of Jaipur and the magical lure of Agra as you travel around the Golden Triangle.
You also have the option of an add-on trip to Amritsar, home to the spectacular Golden Temple. Famous for producing world-class cricketers, why not follow in the footsteps of your T20 heroes and book a sports tour to India?
The ICC World Twenty20 2016 begins today with Zimbabwe v Hong Kong.