School Art Trips to Barcelona
The masters of eccentric architecture
Uncover the life and works of Gaudi amongst the colourful city of Barcelona, and see how the landscapes and architecture influenced the artist and the legacy he left behind.
Whether you choose to stop for a practical session in the famous Parc Guell or visit the wonderfully unique street artists on Las Ramblas, you’ll feel truly inspired amongst Barcelona’s extraordinary surroundings, vibrant culture and eccentric architecture.
Our Recommended Itinerary
Here’s what your trip could look like
Flight to Barcelona
Joan Miro Foundation
Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya
Evening meal and sightseeing, such as Magic Fountain, Venetian Towers, Arc de Triomf, Ciutadella Park or Cascada Monumental
Walk along Passeig de Gràcia and see Casa Comalat, Casa Milà and Casa Batlló
Las Ramblas, Boqueria Market and Maremagnum Shopping Centre
Based on 4 day, 3 night tour for 36 members (+4 free places) travelling October 2019. Subject to availability
- Return flights from UK to Barcelona
- Return airport transfers in resort
- Half board accommodation
- Travel insurance
- Free staff place ratio 1:10
- 24/7 support
- Vamoos travel app & info pack
- Tailor-made itinerary
- Parc Guell
- Joan Miro Foundation
- Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya
- Picasso Museum
- Sagrada Familia
- Dedicated Tour Manager
- Hoodies and Polo Shirts
Popular places to stay in Barcelona
- Centrally located in the Plaza Real in the city’s Gothic Quarter
- Short distance to the beach and close to Las Ramblas
- Triple and twin bed rooms
- En-suite facilities
- Vending machine for snacks and drinks
- Air conditioning
- Luggage storage
- Reception open 24/7
- Explore the Gothic Quarter on foot
- Spend a few hours relaxing on the beach
- Head to Las Ramblas for a spot of shopping
- 5 minute walk from Maria Cristina Metro Station
- 10 minute walk from Sants train station
- Close to Camp Nou Stadium
- Multi, quad, triple, twin and single bed rooms
- En-suite facilities
- Guest kitchen
- Shared lounge and TV area
- Large terrace with outdoor seating
- Games room with table tennis
- Chill out and watch TV in the shared lounge
- Soak up the sun on the large outdoor terrace
- Play a game of table tennis
- Hop on the Metro or the train and go sightseeing in central Barcelona
- Located in the trendy Gracia neighbourhood
- Close to Sagrada Familia, La Pedrera, Casa Batllo & Paseo de Gracia
- Within walking distance of nearby restaurants and cafes
- Indoor pool
- Sports hall
- Indoor pool
- Fitness centre (additional charge)
- Spa and wellness area
- Common room with movies, books & cable TV
- Computers with 24 hour free internet access
- Go for a swim in the pool
- Work out in the fitness centre
- Relax in the spa
- Watch a film in the common room
- Explore the Gracia neighbourhood on foot
- Visit the nearby attractions and eateries
Excursions in Barcelona
Browse a selection of our favourite excursions
Our popular excursions
There’s so much more to explore…
Your journey doesn’t have to end here! See what else we can offer to help you get the most out of your tour. From dedicated Tour Managers to Party Leader Launch Packs, we’ll go above and beyond to support you and your students.
Discover more about this tour
What our customers say
Mrs Tracey Edwards
Rayburn provided a personal and supportive service
Mr Graham MacLeod
Perfect mix of the cultural and the social, the well known and the unexpected, and teh oppportunity to follow in the footsteps of the grand artists.
Devonport High School for Boys
FAQs about this tour
Find the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
What do I need to do to ensure safe travel for my group?
Information is available from your Local Authority on what is expected from party leaders on a trip. In addition, we are happy to assist you in ensuring that you have all of the necessary information to successfully assess risks and ensure a safe trip for you and your group. Further advice and information can be found on the OEAP National Guidance website.
Do you provide risk assessments for the visits you offer?
You can download our Generic Risk Management Handbook which will help you complete your risk assessment for your school or Local Authority. The aim of the handbook is to provide all tour leaders with supportive suggestions to help raise awareness to risk, suggest control measures to help mitigate the risk and manage risk pro-actively. For further assistance, please speak to a member of our team who will be happy to help.
What happens if our flight operators/transport providers cease to trade whilst we are on tour?
By booking your tour package with us, you are fully covered in the event that you are unable to return home should your transport provider fail to operate i.e. it goes into liquidation. As your operator it is our responsibility to ensure that alternative arrangements are made to repatriate you and your group to the UK. Rayburn Tours is a member of ABTA and bonded as such and is fully ATOL licensed.
Is all of your accommodation audited in advance?
Yes, all of our accommodation is audited prior to us offering it to a group. The criterion of these audits is governed by the School Travel Forum (STF). It is important to remember that each country is governed by their own standards and laws and these may differ from UK law. However, we require our accommodation to meet our standards as a minimum. We work with the hotels and agents to endeavour to ensure that our standards are met.
Travel in safe hands
Your safety is of the utmost importance to us and we monitor the safety aspects of all of our tours to ensure you have a memorable experience for all the right reasons.Discover More