School Cultural Trips to Rome
Discover the cultural roots of this timeless city
Awash with classical ruins, world-renowned art and timeless beauty, Rome is a city that’s all about the grandeur. Compact enough to walk between sites, you’ll waste no time in exploring the city’s cultural riches. Tick off ancient icons like the Colosseum, Pantheon and Roman Forum, before hitting up the museums and trying your hand at Roman gladiator training! Without a doubt, a school cultural trip to Rome is the way to experience the city at its most authentic.
Our Recommended Itinerary
Here’s what your trip could look like
Flight to Rome
Transfer to your hotel and head into the centre of Rome to visit the Vatican City
Evening meal and Fun Files quiz
Visit the Colosseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum
Explore the Villa Borghese Park
Evening meal and Fun Files activity
Learn how to fight at the Roman Gladiator School
Explore the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps
Fun Files activity
- Return flights from UK to Rome
- Return airport transfers in resort
- Half board accommodation
- Travel insurance
- Free staff place ratio 1:10
- 24/7 support
- Vamoos travel app & info pack
- Tailor-made itinerary
- Roman Forum
- Palatine Hill
- St Peter's Basilica
- Trevi Fountain
- Spanish Steps
- Roman Gladiator School
- Dedicated Tour Manager
- Hoodies and Polo Shirts
Excursions in Rome
Browse a selection of our favourite excursions
Popular places to stay in Rome
- 5 minute walk from Trastevere Station
- Great links to Rome’s historic centre and the Vatican
- Quad, triple, twin and single beds
- En-suite facilities
- Customer feedback: "I cannot speak highly enough of the staff at Hotel Villa Rosa. Consummately professional and helpful, they were invaluable in helping us to resolve various situations (e.g. lost phones, taxis etc.) and it was very clear, very quickly, that I could rely on them completely."
- Sun terrace and outdoor seating
- Shared lounge and TV area
- Luggage storage
- Soak up the sun on the terrace
- Grab a bite to eat in the restaurant
- Chill out and watch TV in the shared lounge
- Hop on the train for sightseeing in central Rome
- Located in the centre of the Nomentano district
- Within walking distance of Piazza Bologna metro station
- Quad, triple, twin and single bed rooms
- En-suite facilities
- Cosy garden
- Breakfast room
- American bar
- Air conditioning
- Enjoy a delicious morning meal in the breakfast room
- Relax in the beautiful garden
- Sit with a drink in the bar
- Explore the Nomentano district
- Hop on the metro and go sightseeing in central Rome
Your journey doesn’t have to end here! See what else we can offer to help you get the most out of your tour. From dedicated Tour Managers to Party Leader Launch Packs, we’ll go above and beyond to support you and your students.
Discover more about this tour
Because choice is what makes life interesting
Where coastal views meet cultural relics, Sicily is the epitome of laid-back island life.
Bay of Naples
From Pompeii & Vesuvius to pizza-making, the Bay of Naples is all about authentic Italian experiences.
With its famous musical influences and spectacular art scene, Vienna is full of cultural grandeur.
FAQs about this tour
Find the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
Can I talk to Rayburn Tours whilst out on tour?
Yes, a 24-hour emergency phone number will be provided in your final documents pack and one of our experienced members of staff will be happy to help with any problems you have whilst out on tour.
I am required to complete an Educational Visits (EV) form by our Local Authority and I cannot answer all of the questions?
We are happy to assist you in completing your EV forms and return them directly to your Local Authority on your behalf, just speak to your Tour Consultant.
Do your hotels comply with our Local Authority’s guidelines?
All hotels are audited to standards set by the School Travel Forum (STF), this criteria is based on information and guidance from educational authorities. Whilst local laws and standards have to be taken into consideration, as they may differ from country to country, our standards do not. We are happy to provide copies of our hotel audits should you wish to see them.
Is insurance included with my trip?
Yes, insurance will be included in your trip quotation as standard unless it is requested not to be. Make sure you check the list of inclusions in your quotation and/or confirmation.
Travel in safe hands
Your safety is of the utmost importance to us and we monitor the safety aspects of all of our tours to ensure you have a memorable experience for all the right reasons.Discover More