Multi-Sport Tours to the UK, Midlands
Ideal for football, rugby, netball and hockey teams
For first-time tourers or groups on a budget, a multi-sport tour to the Midlands is packed with all the qualities of an international tour, combined with the ease of staying on home ground. By opening your tour up to a greater number of teams, your tour will bring together a wider group of diverse players who all share the same passion for sport – helping to boost team spirit. Plus, it’s a great way to make your tour more accessible!
Rayburn Covid Guarantee
Book with confidence with our Covid Guarantee, which provides unrivalled, extra flexible cancellation policies and even more support. Find out more.
Our Recommended Itinerary
Here’s what your trip could look like
Depart and play fixture 1
Post-match hospitality and activities at Mount Cook Adventure Centre
Evening meal and marshmallows around the campfire
Breakfast and on-site activities
Lunch and afternoon of activities
Evening meal and quiz night
Breakfast followed by full day at Alton Towers
Full day at Alton Towers
Based on 3 day, 2 night tour for 44 members (+5 free places) travelling October 2022. Subject to availability.
- Coaching for the duration of your tour
- 2 nights' accommodation
- Full board meals
- 1 x sports fixture per team with well-matched opponents, based on ability, age and international rules
- Travel insurance
- 24/7 support
- Vamoos travel app & info pack
- Tailor-made itinerary
- Tour pennant per fixture & souvenir pennant to keep
- Alton Towers
- Half Day Activities: High Ropes, Archery, Archery Tag or Climbing
- Dedicated Tour Manager
- Hoodies and Polo Shirts
Popular places to stay in The Midlands
- Part of St George’s Park – the home of English football
- Comfortable en suite rooms – with some rooms having views of the pitch
- Excellent facilities including indoor pool and fitness centre
- Great location to explore the Midlands
- Alton Towers just 40-minutes away
- Indoor swimming pool
- Fitness Centre
- Free Wifi
- En suite rooms with great facilities
- Enjoy a day at nearby Alton Towers
- Train like a pro at St George’s Park
- Dormitory and glamping pod accommodation
- Adventure activities on site
- Great location for exploring Derbyshire
- Campfire and marshmallows
- Buffet restaurant
- Tuck shop
- Indoor climbing wall
- Meeting room hire
- Enjoy the on-site activities
- Explore the beautiful town of Matlock
- Explore the Derbyshire Dales
- Central location in Derby
- Ideal for different sporting events in the Midlands
- Good standard of accommodation
- Close to shops and local restaurants
- Explore the history of Derby at its local museums
- Visit the local swimming pool
- Explore the Derbyshire Dales
- Spend time in Derby’s shopping district
Your journey doesn’t have to end here! See what else we can offer to help you get the most out of your tour. From professional coaching to dedicated Tour Managers, we’ll go above and beyond to support you and your students.
Discover more about this tour
What our customers say
Mr Paul Brown
The matches were well matched and the kids got a lot out of them.
Mr Paul Wakelin
I cannot fault the service providing before we left from the moment we booked until departure.
FAQs about this tour
Find the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
Do your hotels comply with our Local Authority’s guidelines?
All hotels are audited to standards set by the School Travel Forum (STF), this criteria is based on information and guidance from educational authorities. Whilst local laws and standards have to be taken into consideration, as they may differ from country to country, our standards do not. We are happy to provide copies of our hotel audits should you wish to see them.
What does our insurance cover us for?
Our insurance providers offer comprehensive cover to our groups for the duration of their tour and is tailored specifically for schools, with specialist insurance policies for individual tour types. As with any insurance cover, it is vital that you read through the terms and conditions and that you declare any relevant information as requested. Please see our insurance page for further information and to see what is covered. For groups opting to take their own insurance, we highly recommend that you read all inclusions and exclusions prior to departure.
Can I talk to Rayburn whilst out on tour?
Yes, a 24-hour emergency phone number will be provided in your final documents pack and one of our experienced members of staff will be happy to help with any problems you have whilst out on tour.
Is our Tour Manager fully DBS (formerly CRB) checked?
Our Tour Manager, Field Study Tutors and History Tour Guides, with UK citizenship, have an enhanced DBS check. Non UK citizenship Tour Managers cannot be checked under the DBS scheme. Rayburn Tours will seek confirmation that Tour Managers are suitable for working with children by liaising with relevant foreign agents and monitoring group feedback.
Travel in safe hands
Your safety is of the utmost importance to us and we monitor the safety aspects of all of our tours to ensure you have a memorable experience for all the right reasons.Discover More