Rugby Tours to the UK, Midlands
A close-to-home tour full of top-class rugby
For a long weekend of adventure, competitive fixtures, live sport and some added theme park fun, a rugby tour to the Midlands is an ideal option for a jam-packed, close-to-home tour on a budget.
And, if you’re looking for professional coaching then we have a great opportunity for your team at Leicester Tigers. Your players can take part in a training session organised by the Leicester Tigers Community or Academy Coaches, before you take your seat for an all-action home game (subject to schedule).
Rayburn Covid Guarantee
Book with confidence with our Covid Guarantee, which provides unrivalled, extra flexible cancellation policies and even more support. Find out more.
Our Recommended Itinerary
Here’s what your trip could look like
Travel to the Midlands
Play Fixture 1
Breakfast at hotel and travel to Leicester for a training session with Leicester Tigers
Watch the Leicester Tigers at Welford Road Stadium
Evening meal and Bowling
Breakfast at hotel and depart your hotel before Fixture 2
Based on 3 day, 2 night tour for 44 members (+5 free places) travelling October 2023. Subject to availability.
- Coaching for the duration of your tour
- 2 nights' accommodation
- B&B meals
- 2 x sports fixture per team with well-matched opponents, based on ability, age and international rules
- Professional Coaching at Leicester Tigers
- Travel insurance
- 24/7 support
- Vamoos travel app & info pack
- Tailor-made itinerary
- Tour pennant per fixture & souvenir pennant to keep
- Leicester Tigers Coaching session and match ticket
- Dedicated Tour Manager
- Hoodies and Polo Shirts
Popular places to stay in The Midlands
Leonardo Hotel Derby
The Link Hotel
Mount Cook Adventure Centre
- City Center Location
- Central location in the Midlands
- Great hub for Mult-Sports tours
- Close to a range of activities in the City
- Free Wifi
- En suite rooms
- Enjoy a day at nearby Alton Towers
- Train like a pro at St George’s Park
- Travel down to train at Leicester Tigers or Loughborough Lightning
- Enjoy the activities in Derby
- Located in Loughborough, near a number of sports facilities
- En-suite rooms
- 1 mile from the M1 allowing easy access from any location
- Centrally located to Derby, Leicester and Nottingham
- En-suite rooms
- Free Wi-Fi
- Breakfast in hotel
- Book some of the world class sports facilities in Loughborough
- Go for a training session at Loughborough Lightning
- Travel down the road to Leicester Tigers to train
- Dormitory and glamping pod accommodation
- Adventure activities on site
- Great location for exploring Derbyshire
- Campfire and marshmallows
- Buffet restaurant
- Tuck shop
- Indoor climbing wall
- Meeting room hire
- Enjoy the on-site activities
- Explore the beautiful town of Matlock
- Explore the Derbyshire Dales
- Great location in Loughborough
- Close to the university and sporting facilities
- 3* hotel
- Meeting rooms
- Small gym
- Work up a sweat in the gym
- Grab a bite to eat in the restaurant
- Enjoy a drink in the bar
- Make use of the nearby sporting facilities
Your journey doesn’t have to end here! See what else we can offer to help you get the most out of your tour. From professional coaching to dedicated Tour Managers, we’ll go above and beyond to support you and your students.
Discover more about this tour
There’s so much more to explore…
Explore Sport Hub
Here you’ll find inspiration, advice, and plenty of tips in a host of articles for you to read…Discover more
Leicester Tigers, UK
What our customers say
Mr Chris Pembridge
Thoroughly enjoyed the tour, well organised, good accommodation and really friendly local staff and support.
Mr Owen Roberts
Perfect! Well organised, thoroughly planned itinerary covering everything our destination had to offer!
Canon Slade School
FAQs about this tour
Find the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
Do your hotels comply with our Local Authority’s guidelines?
All hotels are audited to standards set by the School Travel Forum (STF), this criteria is based on information and guidance from educational authorities. Whilst local laws and standards have to be taken into consideration, as they may differ from country to country, our standards do not. We are happy to provide copies of our hotel audits should you wish to see them.
What does our insurance cover us for?
Our insurance providers offer comprehensive cover to our groups for the duration of their tour and is tailored specifically for schools, with specialist insurance policies for individual tour types. As with any insurance cover, it is vital that you read through the terms and conditions and that you declare any relevant information as requested. Please see our insurance page for further information and to see what is covered. For groups opting to take their own insurance, we highly recommend that you read all inclusions and exclusions prior to departure.
Can I talk to Rayburn whilst out on tour?
Yes, a 24-hour emergency phone number will be provided in your final documents pack and one of our experienced members of staff will be happy to help with any problems you have whilst out on tour.
Is our Tour Manager fully DBS (formerly CRB) checked?
Our Tour Manager, Field Study Tutors and History Tour Guides, with UK citizenship, have an enhanced DBS check. Non UK citizenship Tour Managers cannot be checked under the DBS scheme. Rayburn Tours will seek confirmation that Tour Managers are suitable for working with children by liaising with relevant foreign agents and monitoring group feedback.
Travel in safe hands
Your safety is of the utmost importance to us and we monitor the safety aspects of all of our tours to ensure you have a memorable experience for all the right reasons.Discover More