Located in the centre of Ypres, just a stone’s throw away from the market square, The Salient hostel is the perfect option for a large group visiting the area. As the largest private property in the centre of Ypres, it can accommodate groups of up to 102 people. And with just one door in and one door out, it’s easy for teachers to know their students are safe and secure.
Split over 3 floors and 20 rooms, there’s a mix of single and bunk beds, accommodating up to 10 people in each room. You can even have the place to yourself if you have over 70 people!
Take a look at the hostel’s excellent facilities which make it even better for school groups:
- Shower, toilet and sink in every room (with safe-to-drink water from the tap)
- Free Wi-Fi (an essential in 2019!)
- Large games room with table tennis and pool tables
- Vending machine with snacks and soft drinks
- Teacher’s lounge with a TV and minibar
- Intercom system throughout the building (much easier to get everyone downstairs!)
- Projector and screen available
- Large private garden
- Safe available to store away passports
Safety is at the top of the priority list for this accommodation, and they have things in place to ensure the safety of every group that stays with them:
- Property is closed from the public – the door has a code which is given to the group on arrival
- Fully automatic fire alarm and smoke detectors in every room
- A night guard to guarantee everyone’s safety and a good night’s rest
As well as the facilities, the staff are also there to make sure you’re fuelled up for the whole day! With breakfast at the hostel before you head out for the day, and a packed lunch ready to pick up as you walk out the door – you definitely won’t go hungry!
All of the facilities teamed with the friendly faces of the staff make The Salient the perfect place for groups staying in Ypres.
You’ve seen the accommodation, why not check out the itinerary to go with it?