Business Studies & Economics Trips to New York
Where business booms around the clock
A global hub of international business, New York is one of the three ‘Command Centres’ for the world economy and has a significant impact on every aspect of business.
As a leading financial centre with the world’s largest stock exchange, New York houses 45 of the fortune 500 companies. Covering a range of topics from marketing, advertising and purchasing strategies on a Macy’s Tour, to the highs and lows of the economy on a guided walking tour of Wall Street, you’ll gain an insight into a range of organisations across a number of business sectors.
Our Recommended Itinerary
Here’s what your trip could look like
Flight to New York
Rockefeller Centre Tour
Financial District Walking Tour
9/11 Memorial & Museum
Empire State Building
Macy’s Merchandising Tour
Madame Tussauds Business & Marketing Workshop
Central Park and souvenir shopping
NBC Studio Tour
Transfer and flight home
Based on 5 day, 3 night tour for 40 members (+4 free places) travelling October 2019. Subject to availability.
- Return flights from UK to New York
- Return airport transfers in resort
- B&B accommodation
- Travel insurance
- Free staff place ratio 1:10
- 24/7 support
- Vamoos travel app & info pack
- Tailor-made itinerary
- Financial District Walking Tour
- 9/11 Memorial & Museum
- Empire State Building
- Macy’s Merchandising Tour
- Madame Tussauds Business & Marketing Workshop
- Rockefeller Centre Tour
- NBC Studio Tour
- Times Square
- Central Park
- Dedicated Tour Manager
- Hoodies and Polo Shirts
Popular places to stay in New York
- Great central location at 48th and Broadway
- Within walking distance of Manhattan’s nightlife, theatre and entertainment scene
- Close to main attractions including Times Square, Rockefeller Centre and Central Park
- Various room types available
- On-site lobby breakfast and 2 adjacent restaurants
- 24-hour fitness centre
- Meeting room
- Explore Manhattan’s nightlife, theatre and entertainment scene
- Visit Times Square, Rockefeller Centre, Central Park and other main attractions
- Work out in the fitness centre
- Enjoy a meal in one of the nearby restaurants
- Fantastic location just a few steps from Central Park
- Twin & single bed rooms
- Shared facilities
- Indoor swimming pool
- Indoor swimming pool
- Gym and fitness classes
- Shared lounge and TV area
- Group activities
- Go for a swim in the indoor pool
- Work up a sweat in the gym
- Relax in the shared lounge and TV area
- Get the group together for some in-house activities
- Walk to Central Park for an afternoon of outdoor fun
Excursions in New York
Browse a selection of our favourite excursions
Your journey doesn’t have to end here! See what else we can offer to help you get the most out of your tour. From dedicated Tour Managers to Party Leader Launch Packs, we’ll go above and beyond to support you and your students.
Discover more about this tour
What our customers say
Many of our school trips are now run with Rayburn due to the fact that we are delighted with their service.
Bedford Modern School
Mr Craig Owen
The excursions were excellent and the pupils certainly had a wonderful experience.
Bolton School Girls' Division
FAQs about this tour
Find the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
What should be included in my risk assessment?
Start by identifying the potential hazards before deciding on the appropriate precautions to minimize the potential risk for your group. Once identified, record your findings and implement the precautions. Specific requirements are available from your Local Authority.
What happens if I wish to cancel due to an act of terrorism?
If there has been no official advice against travel, yet your group has opted to cancel, then your cancellation is totally subject to our booking conditions (for booking conditions, please see ‘What happens if flights are operating but we decide we do not want to travel?’). However, we will always work with you to try and minimise the financial effect and find the best solution for you.
Is all of your accommodation audited in advance?
Yes, all of our accommodation is audited prior to us offering it to a group. The criterion of these audits is governed by the School Travel Forum (STF). It is important to remember that each country is governed by their own standards and laws and these may differ from UK law. However, we require our accommodation to meet our standards as a minimum. We work with the hotels and agents to endeavour to ensure that our standards are met.
Is our Tour Manager fully DBS (formerly CRB) checked?
Our Tour Managers, Field Study Tutors and History Tour Guides, with UK citizenship, have an enhanced DBS check. Non UK citizenship Tour Managers cannot be checked under the DBS scheme. Rayburn Tours will seek confirmation that Tour Managers are suitable for working with children by liaising with relevant foreign agents and monitoring group feedback.
Travel in safe hands
Your safety is of the utmost importance to us and we monitor the safety aspects of all of our tours to ensure you have a memorable experience for all the right reasons.Discover More