School Christmas Markets Trips to Berlin
Because no one can out-do Germany's Christmas Market scene
Sizzling bratwurst, spice-scented gingerbread, mulled wine: Germany’s Christmas Markets are as traditional as they come. Where city squares are lined with garland-bedecked stalls, and the aroma of marzipan and fried doughnuts lulls you into a festive haze, Berlin’s markets range from elegant wonderlands to rustic grottoes. Swing into a school Christmas Markets trip to Berlin with visits to its historic sights, before perusing seasonal handicrafts amongst lively street performers.
Our Recommended Itinerary
Here’s what your trip could look like
Flight and transfer to Berlin
Guided walking tour of Berlin
Explore one of Berlin’s many Christmas Markets
Visit the German Resistance Memorial Centre
Visit Potsdamer Platz and Brandenburg Gate, before shopping at the Gendarmenmarkt Christmas Market
Ascend the Reichstag Dome & Roof Terrace
Visit the East Side Gallery
Explore the Christmas Market around Alexanderplatz
Visit the Berlin TV Tower
Morning at leisure and shopping along Kurfurstendamm
- Return flights from UK to Berlin
- Return airport transfers in resort
- Public transport tickets in resort
- Half board accommodation
- Travel insurance
- Free staff place ratio 1:10
- 24/7 support
- Vamoos travel app & info pack
- Tailor-made itinerary
- Berlin Christmas Markets
- Walking Tour of Berlin
- German Resistance Memorial Centre
- Reichstag Dome & Roof Terrace
- East Side Gallery
- Berlin TV Tower
- Dedicated Tour Manager
- Hoodies and Polo Shirts
Excursions in Berlin
Browse a selection of our favourite excursions
Popular places to stay in Berlin
- Cool with a capital C!
- Good access to public transport links
- Multi, quad, triple, twin and single beds
- En-suite rooms
- Perfect for school groups
- Varied breakfast and dinner menus
- Great chill out area with oversized table football
- Lounge area
- Restaurant and bar
“This fantastic youth Hostel is cool with a capital C. Staying on a half board basis the food was varied and plentiful ensuring our students were well fuelled at the start and the end of each day!
- Kick back in the games room
- Relax in the lounge area
- Enjoy some fresh air in the garden
- Grab a bite to eat and drink in the restaurant and bar
- Hop on the train to the centre of Berlin for sightseeing
- Located beside Humboldthain Park in the Mitte district
- 5 minute walk from Gesundbrunnen Centre shopping mall
- Within walking distance of Berliner Unterwelten underground tour
- Multi, quad, triple, twin and single beds with en-suite rooms
- Customer Feedback: "Hotel was good value for money, staff were helpful and there were no problems with the service!" Our Lady of Sion Senior School
- Customer Feedback: "Our second year staying here! It's ideal for school groups, serves excellent breakfast & dinner and is in the perfect location." St Paul's Academy
- Family-friendly club room with pool table, table football, darts and TV
- Vending machine
- Luggage storage
- Spend some time in the club room playing pool or darts
- Enjoy a night of karaoke
- Walk to the Gesundbrunnen Centre for a spot of shopping
- Grab a bite to eat in one of the nearby restaurants or bars
- Relax in Humboldthain Park just next door
Your journey doesn’t have to end here! See what else we can offer to help you get the most out of your tour. From bespoke language tuition to dedicated Tour Managers, we’ll go above and beyond to support you and your students.
Discover more about this tour
FAQs about this tour
Find the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
What do I need to do to ensure safe travel for my group?
Information is available from your Local Authority on what is expected from party leaders on a trip. In addition, we are happy to assist you in ensuring that you have all of the necessary information to successfully assess risks and ensure a safe trip for you and your group. Further advice and information can be found on the OEAP National Guidance website.
Do you provide risk assessments for the visits you offer?
You can download our Generic Risk Management Handbook which will help you complete your risk assessment for your school or Local Authority. The aim of the handbook is to provide all tour leaders with supportive suggestions to help raise awareness to risk, suggest control measures to help mitigate the risk and manage risk pro-actively. For further assistance, please speak to a member of our team who will be happy to help.
What does our insurance cover us for?
Our insurance providers offer comprehensive cover to our groups for the duration of their tour and is tailored specifically for schools, with specialist insurance policies for individual tour types. As with any insurance cover, it is vital that you read through the terms and conditions and that you declare any relevant information as requested. Please see our insurance page for further information and to see what is covered. For groups opting to take their own insurance, we highly recommend that you read all inclusions and exclusions prior to departure.
Is all of your accommodation audited in advance?
Yes, all of our accommodation is audited prior to us offering it to a group. The criterion of these audits is governed by the School Travel Forum (STF). It is important to remember that each country is governed by their own standards and laws and these may differ from UK law. However, we require our accommodation to meet our standards as a minimum. We work with the hotels and agents to endeavour to ensure that our standards are met.
Travel in safe hands
Your safety is of the utmost importance to us and we monitor the safety aspects of all of our tours to ensure you have a memorable experience for all the right reasons.Discover More