School Christmas Markets Trips to Munich
An atmosphere so warm it could melt the Grinch
For next level Christmas magic, a school Christmas Markets trip to Munich is the perfect way to get into the festive spirit. With an atmosphere so warm it could melt the Grinch, Marienplatz Christmas Market is one of the oldest in Germany, whilst the Chinese Tower in the English Garden gives the traditional Bavarian market an oriental twist. Peruse seasonal crafts whilst tucking into a bag of candied almonds, then fill your free time with museum visits, historic sights and leisurely activities.
Our Recommended Itinerary
Here’s what your trip could look like
Flight to Munich
Enjoy an evening at leisure to explore the area
Visit Olympiapark and the Olympic Tower for Christmas card-worthy panoramic views
Explore the Christmas Market around Marienplatz (St Mary’s Square)
Enjoy an evening at leisure
Explore the English Garden Christmas Market at the Chinese Tower
Spend the afternoon sightseeing in Munich
Enjoy an evening of bowling
- Return flights from UK to Munich
- Return airport transfers in resort
- Half board accommodation
- Travel insurance
- Free staff place ratio 1:10
- 24/7 support
- Vamoos travel app & info pack
- Tailor-made itinerary
- Munich Christmas Markets
- Olympic Tower
- Bavaria Bowling
- Dedicated Tour Manager
- Hoodies and Polo Shirts
Excursions in Munich
Browse a selection of our favourite excursions
Popular places to stay in Munich
- Central location
- 4 minute walk from Munich Central Station
- Few steps from the Karlstrasse tram stop
- Within walking distance of nearby shops and restaurants
- Customer Feedback: "A very well-located hotel, with accommodating and flexible staff members." Shanghai United International School
- Twin and single bed rooms
- En-suite facilities
- 24 hour bar and snack bar
- Luggage storage
- Grab a bite to eat at the snack bar
- Enjoy a drink in the 24 hour bar
- Hop on the train or the tram to Munich city centre for sightseeing and shopping
- Explore the nearby shops and restaurants on foot
- Located next to Munich-Laim Station
- 2.5 miles from Munich centre
- Multi, quad, triple, twin and single bed rooms
- En-suite facilities
- Nintendo Wii and karaoke
- Customer Feedback: "A very good hotel for a large school group - especially the spacious bedrooms!" Upton Court Grammar
- Nintendo Wii and karaoke
- Games room with pool table and table football
- 24 hour snack bar
- Shared lounge area and library
- Bar and guest kitchen
- ATM on site
- Enjoy an evening of karaoke or playing on the Nintendo Wii
- Challenge your group to a game of pool or table football
- Grab a bite to eat at the 24 hour snack bar
- Relax in the shared lounge and library
- Enjoy a drink in the bar
- Hop on the train to Munich city centre for sightseeing and shopping
Your journey doesn’t have to end here! See what else we can offer to help you get the most out of your tour. From expert Field Study Tutors to our award-winning study resources, we’ll go above and beyond to support you and your students.
Discover more about this tour
FAQs about this tour
Find the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
Can I talk to Rayburn Tours whilst out on tour?
Yes, a 24-hour emergency phone number will be provided in your final documents pack and one of our experienced members of staff will be happy to help with any problems you have whilst out on tour.
What do I need to do to ensure safe travel for my group?
Information is available from your Local Authority on what is expected from party leaders on a trip. In addition, we are happy to assist you in ensuring that you have all of the necessary information to successfully assess risks and ensure a safe trip for you and your group. Further advice and information can be found on the OEAP National Guidance website.
Do you provide risk assessments for the visits you offer?
You can download our Generic Risk Management Handbook which will help you complete your risk assessment for your school or Local Authority. The aim of the handbook is to provide all tour leaders with supportive suggestions to help raise awareness to risk, suggest control measures to help mitigate the risk and manage risk pro-actively. For further assistance, please speak to a member of our team who will be happy to help.
What would happen if our flights are delayed or cancelled?
In the event that your flights are cancelled or delayed by the airline, then the airline will offer us an alternative flight for your group and payment under the delayed departure section of your insurance would be applicable. EU airlines and carriers are subject to the EU Directive regulation 216/2004. Insurance policies do cover delayed flights and in the first instance party leaders would need to call the insurance company for further details.
For groups travelling with our insurance (provided by Endsleigh Insurance Services Ltd) we would be able to call on your behalf. Delayed cover through Endsleigh Insurance Services Ltd entitles each person to claim up to £100, dependent on the length of delay, which can then be used to offset any additional expenses that may have been incurred.
We will offer your group continued support via our 24-hour emergency phone; we will liaise with our contacts at the relevant airline and accommodation centres, if necessary, and continue to communicate with you throughout until your flight departs.
Travel in safe hands
Your safety is of the utmost importance to us and we monitor the safety aspects of all of our tours to ensure you have a memorable experience for all the right reasons.Discover More