School History Trips to Rome
Discover the rise and fall of Fascism in Italy
With a history that’s as monumental as the Colosseum, Rome’s the perfect place to study Italy’s turbulent past. Have your students delve deeper into the story with exploration into less commonly known war figures like Mussolini, who led an initially neutral Italy to embrace the Fascist Party. Learn about their connection to Nazism and visit key sites where it all unfolded! On a history trip to Rome, you’ll delve deep into the roots of the movement and identify typical Fascist architecture, constructed to imitate the style of the Roman Empire in an effort to recreate a sense of power and prestige.
Awash with classical ruins, world-renowned art and timeless beauty, Rome is a city that’s all about the grandeur, and its rich and complex history is no different! Compact enough to walk between sites, you’ll waste no time in exploring the city’s cultural riches…
Our Recommended Itinerary
Here’s what your trip could look like
Flight to Rome and transfer to accommodation
Visit the Fosse Ardeatine Memorial & Museum
Evening meal and Fun Files quiz
Half day guided tour of Rome and Fascist sites
View Piazza Venezia from the Vittorio Emanuele Monument, followed by the Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps
Half day coach trip to visit the Foro Italico
Museum of Liberation and time to view the Colosseum
Visit the EUR District
Based on 4 day, 3 night tour for 36 passengers (+4 free places) travelling October 2024. Subject to availability.
- Return flights from UK to Rome
- Return airport transfers in resort
- Half board accommodation
- Travel insurance
- Free staff place ratio 1:10
- 24/7 support
- Vamoos travel app & info pack
- Tailor-made itinerary
- Half Day Guided Tour of Fascism Sites
- EUR District
- Foro Italico
- Museum of Liberation
- Fosse Ardeatine Memorial & Museum
- History Tour Guide
- Dedicated Tour Manager
- Hoodies and Polo Shirts
Popular places to stay in Rome
- 5 minute walk from Trastevere Station
- Great links to Rome’s historic centre and the Vatican
- Quad, triple, twin and single beds
- En-suite facilities
- Customer feedback: "I cannot speak highly enough of the staff at Hotel Villa Rosa. Consummately professional and helpful, they were invaluable in helping us to resolve various situations (e.g. lost phones, taxis etc.) and it was very clear, very quickly, that I could rely on them completely."
- Sun terrace and outdoor seating
- Shared lounge and TV area
- Luggage storage
- Soak up the sun on the terrace
- Grab a bite to eat in the restaurant
- Chill out and watch TV in the shared lounge
- Hop on the train for sightseeing in central Rome
- Located in the centre of the Nomentano district
- Within walking distance of Piazza Bologna metro station
- Quad, triple, twin and single bed rooms
- En-suite facilities
- Cosy garden
- Breakfast room
- American bar
- Air conditioning
- Enjoy a delicious morning meal in the breakfast room
- Relax in the beautiful garden
- Sit with a drink in the bar
- Explore the Nomentano district
- Hop on the metro and go sightseeing in central Rome
- Fascist Italy and Mussolini
- Europe and the 20th century
- The Second World War
Step into the story...
History is much more than the events of the past – it encompasses the future and everything else in between! It sparks curiosity and drives learning, encouraging students to question and learn from the world around them.
To bring these thrilling periods of history to life, we have a vast array of tools at our disposal. Discover the fascinating tales of heroism, defeat, learn about the monumental landmarks and the shrouded secrets that have remained hidden for years.
Our devoted history guides transport students back in time, immersing them in the intricacies of historical periods. Check out our FREE history resources too – use them to inspire and educate in the classroom, before and long after your trip!
Discover more about this tour
History Tour Guides
There’s so much more to explore…
What our customers say
Mr James Pepper
We chose Rayburn due to their excellent customer service and value for money. Knowing they were ABTA and ATOL bonded was also very important.
Arthur Mellows Village College
FAQs about this tour
Find the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
Why take students on a history trip?
History trips give students the opportunity to ‘step into the story’. After all, there’s only so much you can teach, and learn, from a classroom! These trips spark student’s curiosity, drive learning, and instil a deep appreciation of the world’s rich cultural legacy.
To bring these fascinating periods of history to life, we have a vast array of tools at our disposal! Discover the fascinating tales of heroism, bloodshed and battles… Learn about the monumental landmarks and the shrouded secrets that have remained hidden for years! It’s simply all brought to life on a trip…
Are there any opportunities for alternative activities to provide a break from hard-hitting history topics?
Absolutely! We recognise the importance of a well-rounded experience and strive to engage students in the world of history while also allowing them time to decompress. Our tours can offer a variety of activities, so students can achieve the right balance between immersive learning and chill time.
- Is Rome only suitable for a history trip?
Travel in safe hands
Your safety is of the utmost importance to us and we monitor the safety aspects of all of our tours to ensure you have a memorable experience for all the right reasons.Discover More