Hockey Tours to London
A great introduction to touring
If you’re planning on embarking on your first hockey tour or simply want to stay local, our hockey tours to London could be the perfect option for you and your team. A local weekend break will give your team a great introduction to touring whilst developing their skills. Make the most of your time in London and explore the city sights in between hockey fixtures and coaching!
Rayburn Covid Guarantee
Book with confidence with our Covid Guarantee, which provides unrivalled, extra flexible cancellation policies and even more support. Find out more.
Our Recommended Itinerary
Here’s what your trip could look like
Depart for London
Enjoy a self-led training session before taking a guided tour around Queen Elizabeth Park to explore the London 2012 Olympic Legacy
Dinner at hotel
Breakfast and fixture 1
After your fixture enjoy some retail therapy at the Westfield Centre
Dinner at hotel
Spend day at Thorpe Park Resort
Based on 3 day, 2 night tour for 44 members (+5 free places) travelling November 2022. Subject to availability.
- Coaching for the duration of your tour
- 2 nights' accommodation
- Half board meals
- 1 x fixture per team with well-matched opponents, based on ability, age and international rules
- Travel insurance
- 24/7 support
- Vamoos travel app & info pack
- Tailor-made itinerary
- Tour pennant per fixture & souvenir pennant to keep
- Walking Tour of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- Thorpe Park Resort
- Self-led training session at Lee Valley Hockey Centre for hockey
- Dedicated Tour Manager
- Hoodies and Polo Shirts
Popular places to stay in London
- Good standard of accommodation
- Located on edges of London to avoid traffic
- Great for North London attractions
- Relax in the in house Costa Coffee shop
- Dine in the Thyme restaurant bar
- Visit Elstree Studios
- Central location
- Doorstep sightseeing
- Good standard hostel accommodaiton
- Period features
- Meeting rooms
- Walk to St Paul’s Cathedral
- Enjoy the charming sound of the cathedral bells
- Take the short walk to visit the Tate Modern
- Use the hostel’s games room
- Explore nearby attractions
- Walking distance to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- Restaurants and shops on your doorstep in the Westfield Centre
- Good standard of accommodation
- Half board options
- Enjoy the nearby shops, sights and restaurants
- Walk to the Olympic Park
- Dine in the hotel’s stylish restaurant/bar
Your journey doesn’t have to end here! See what else we can offer to help you get the most out of your tour. From professional coaching to dedicated Tour Managers, we’ll go above and beyond to support you and your students.
Discover more about this tour
What our customers say
Mr Paul Brown
Good value for money and very enjoyable.
Mr Paul Wakelin
I cannot fault the service providing before we left from the moment we booked until departure.
FAQs about this tour
Find the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
Do your hotels comply with our Local Authority’s guidelines?
All hotels are audited to standards set by the School Travel Forum (STF), this criteria is based on information and guidance from educational authorities. Whilst local laws and standards have to be taken into consideration, as they may differ from country to country, our standards do not. We are happy to provide copies of our hotel audits should you wish to see them.
What does our insurance cover us for?
Our insurance providers offer comprehensive cover to our groups for the duration of their tour and is tailored specifically for schools, with specialist insurance policies for individual tour types. As with any insurance cover, it is vital that you read through the terms and conditions and that you declare any relevant information as requested. Please see our insurance page for further information and to see what is covered. For groups opting to take their own insurance, we highly recommend that you read all inclusions and exclusions prior to departure.
Can I talk to Rayburn whilst out on tour?
Yes, a 24-hour emergency phone number will be provided in your final documents pack and one of our experienced members of staff will be happy to help with any problems you have whilst out on tour.
Is our Tour Manager fully DBS (formerly CRB) checked?
Our Tour Manager, Field Study Tutors and History Tour Guides, with UK citizenship, have an enhanced DBS check. Non UK citizenship Tour Managers cannot be checked under the DBS scheme. Rayburn Tours will seek confirmation that Tour Managers are suitable for working with children by liaising with relevant foreign agents and monitoring group feedback.
Travel in safe hands
Your safety is of the utmost importance to us and we monitor the safety aspects of all of our tours to ensure you have a memorable experience for all the right reasons.Discover More