School Cultural Trips to Derbyshire
Your gateway to the Peak District and so much more
As the gateway to the Peak District, Derbyshire is full of back-to-nature bliss and cultural charm. Pack your itinerary with a range of indoor and outdoor visits and discover just what makes a school cultural trip to Derbyshire so enticing.
Take the cable car to the Heights of Abraham, get stuck into a number of team-building activities at Mount Cook Adventure Centre, and explore Chatsworth House and its grounds. And with Alton Towers nearby, you can even build in a day of theme park fun!
There are so many opportunities to join students together for a well-rounded cross curricular trip. Combining a Cultural Trip with Geography and Art and Design would be just one suggestion we’d make. Start talking to our specialist Tour Consultants
Our Recommended Itinerary
Here’s what your trip could look like
Travel by coach to Derbyshire
Explore Chatsworth House, Farm & Gardens
Evening meal and Fun Files activity
Full day of activities at Mount Cook Adventure Centre
Evening meal and Fun Files activities
Take the cable car to the Heights of Abraham
Leisure time in Matlock Bath for souvenir shopping
Late afternoon coach transfer home
- Coaching for the duration of your tour
- Bed & breakfast accommodation
- Free staff place ratio 1:10
- 24/7 support
- Vamoos travel app & info pack
- Tailor-made itinerary
- Motorway tolls and taxes
- Dedicated Tour Manager
- Hoodies and Polo Shirts
Looking for a day trip?
A lot can be achieved in just one day!
Popular places to stay in Derbyshire
- Within walking distance of Dovedale Stepping Stones
- 17th century Gothic manor
- Set in 84 acres of National Trust parkland
- Short drive to Alton Towers
- Extensive grounds to explore
- Communal lounge areas
- Games room
- Reception area with ample seating area
- Restaurant and bar on-site
- Enjoy a drink and a bite to eat in the hostel’s bar and restaurant
- Explore the hostel’s beautiful grounds
- Visit and cross the famous Dovedale Stepping Stones
- Just a 5-minute walk to Derby Cathedral and Derby Museum & Art Gallery
- Stylish and modern rooms
- On-site restaurant and bar
- Good access to the Derbyshire Dales
- On-site bar and restaurant
- Air conditioning
- Meeting rooms available
- Visit Derby Cathedral or Derby Museum & Art Gallery
- Go shopping in the city centre
- Explore the Derbyshire Dales
- Relax in the hotel bar and restaurant
- Dormitory and glamping pod accommodation
- Adventure activities on site
- Great location for exploring Derbyshire
- Campfire and marshmallows
- Buffet restaurant
- Tuck shop
- Indoor climbing wall
- Meeting room hire
- Enjoy the on-site activities
- Explore the beautiful town of Matlock
- Explore the Derbyshire Dales
Your journey doesn’t have to end here! See what else we can offer to help you get the most out of your tour. From dedicated Tour Managers to Party Leader Launch Packs, we’ll go above and beyond to support you and your students.
Discover more about this tour
Because choice is what makes life interesting
Both rustic and refined, a cultural trip to Paris will let you experience the city's lesser-known sights.
If Disney was casting a city for its next fairytale film, Bruges would be it. Take a look.
Picture yourself strolling along the canals, stroopwafel in hand, heading to the Rijksmuseum. Welcome to Amsterdam.
FAQs about this tour
Find the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
Can I talk to Rayburn Tours whilst out on tour?
Yes, a 24-hour emergency phone number will be provided in your final documents pack and one of our experienced members of staff will be happy to help with any problems you have whilst out on tour.
I am required to complete an Educational Visits (EV) form by our Local Authority and I cannot answer all of the questions?
We are happy to assist you in completing your EV forms and return them directly to your Local Authority on your behalf, just speak to your Tour Consultant.
Do your hotels comply with our Local Authority’s guidelines?
All hotels are audited to standards set by the School Travel Forum (STF), this criteria is based on information and guidance from educational authorities. Whilst local laws and standards have to be taken into consideration, as they may differ from country to country, our standards do not. We are happy to provide copies of our hotel audits should you wish to see them.
Is insurance included with my trip?
Yes, insurance will be included in your trip quotation as standard unless it is requested not to be. Make sure you check the list of inclusions in your quotation and/or confirmation.
Travel in safe hands
Your safety is of the utmost importance to us and we monitor the safety aspects of all of our tours to ensure you have a memorable experience for all the right reasons.Discover More