From Tuesday 10th March 2020, the Italian authorities extended the area of isolation to cover the whole of Italy. The isolation period is currently expected to last until 3rd April 2020 and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office has now updated their travel advice to advise against all but essential travel to Italy.
This will impact on a greater number of planned tour departures than originally anticipated and we continue to work through tours in departure date order, starting with those who are due to travel to Italy on or before 3rd April 2020. We will be contacting nominated group leaders to discuss options for amendments and/or refunds.
We are expecting large call volumes in relation to this update, and regrettably we are therefore unable to take calls from individual passengers or parents at this time.
Rayburn Tours would like to reassure all groups due to travel that their safety and wellbeing continues to be the highest priority. Thank you in advance for your patience during this time.
If you are due to travel after 3rd April 2020 and/or to other areas where Coronavirus cases have been diagnosed, please note:
The situation continues to be fast moving and extremely changeable and Rayburn Tours continues to monitor the latest advice of various authorities including the World Health Organisation, Public Health England, the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) and Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) to be abreast of developments.
- Where there are no FCO travel restrictions in place for travel to a certain area or country, tours will continue to depart as planned. Individual or group amendments or cancellations in the absence of FCO travel restrictions are subject to standard booking conditions.
- Should the FCO advice change imminently prior to departure, we will be in touch with affected groups to discuss a plan of action which may include amendments to pre-planned itineraries, a complete change of destination or postponement of the trip to a later date. Should there be no appropriate alternatives, you will be entitled to a full refund.
- Basic hygiene measures should be implemented by all to minimise the risk of transmission:
- Use tissues to cover mouth and nose when sneezing/coughing. Bin the tissue, then wash your hands with soap and water or use a hand sanitiser gel.
- Wash your hands often, after being in public places and before eating.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with symptomatic people.
If you have recently returned from a destination where the virus has been diagnosed:
Rayburn Tours is not able to provide medical advice, however if you are concerned about having caught the virus, we would recommend that you consult the advice on the NHS 111 website: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 or call the NHS 111 line or Public Heath England.
The following websites may provide additional advice and useful information:
Department for Education Coronavirus Helpline:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
*Information correct as at 10th March 2020.