Focused Itinerary: The History of the Nazis & the Holocaust, Berlin
Discover the horror and persecutions of the Nazi era
Whilst our all-encompassing school history trips to Berlin cover a broad spectrum of themes, we can tailor your itinerary to a specific area of the curriculum – in this case the History of the Nazis and the Holocaust. You’ll focus on the rise and fall of the Nazis, Hitler’s dictatorship and one of the world’s most brutal genocides, the Holocaust.
With visits to museums and memorials dedicated to the Jews, as well as key political sites where life-changing decisions were made, you’ll gain a profound insight into Nazi Germany and those who lived through it. While you’re here, why not look at our specialist itinerary for the Impact of the Cold War in Berlin?
Our Recommended Itinerary
Here’s what your trip could look like
Flight and airport transfer
Berlin walking tour and Memorial to the Murdered Jews
Visit the Reichstag
Visit the House of the Wannsee Conference
Memorial & Museum Sachsenhausen
Visit the Reichstag
German Resistance Memorial and the Jewish Museum
Topography of Terror
Visit the Berlin TV Tower
The Story of Berlin Museum
Transfer to airport
Based on 4 day, 3 night tour for 36 passengers (+4 free places) travelling October 2020. Subject to availability.
- Return flights from UK to Berlin
- Return airport transfers in resort
- Public transport tickets in resort
- 1 full days (8 hrs) additional coaching
- Half board accommodation
- Travel insurance
- Free staff place ratio 1:10
- 24/7 support
- Vamoos travel app & info pack
- Tailor-made itinerary
- Berlin Walking Tour
- Memorial to the Murdered Jews
- Reichstag Building
- House of the Wannsee Conference
- Topography of Terror
- Berlin TV Tower
- The Story of Berlin Museum
- History Tour Guide
- Dedicated Tour Manager
- Hoodies and Polo Shirts
Excursions in Berlin
Browse a selection of our favourite excursions
Popular places to stay in Berlin
- Cool with a capital C!
- Good access to public transport links
- Multi, quad, triple, twin and single beds
- En-suite rooms
- Perfect for school groups
- Varied breakfast and dinner menus
- Great chill out area with oversized table football
- Lounge area
- Restaurant and bar
“This fantastic youth Hostel is cool with a capital C. Staying on a half board basis the food was varied and plentiful ensuring our students were well fuelled at the start and the end of each day!
- Kick back in the games room
- Relax in the lounge area
- Enjoy some fresh air in the garden
- Grab a bite to eat and drink in the restaurant and bar
- Hop on the train to the centre of Berlin for sightseeing
- Located beside Humboldthain Park in the Mitte district
- 5 minute walk from Gesundbrunnen Centre shopping mall
- Within walking distance of Berliner Unterwelten underground tour
- Multi, quad, triple, twin and single beds with en-suite rooms
- Customer Feedback: "Hotel was good value for money, staff were helpful and there were no problems with the service!" Our Lady of Sion Senior School
- Customer Feedback: "Our second year staying here! It's ideal for school groups, serves excellent breakfast & dinner and is in the perfect location." St Paul's Academy
- Family-friendly club room with pool table, table football, darts and TV
- Vending machine
- Luggage storage
- Spend some time in the club room playing pool or darts
- Enjoy a night of karaoke
- Walk to the Gesundbrunnen Centre for a spot of shopping
- Grab a bite to eat in one of the nearby restaurants or bars
- Relax in Humboldthain Park just next door
All secondary school students
- The Second World War
- The Holocaust
Exploring Berlin History on foot and using public transport!
We recently travelled on a History Tour to Berlin with the students of Holy Cross School, accompanied by their History Tour Guide Trevor, to embark on a 4-day exploration of Berlin using its network of excellent public transport links!
Brace yourself for what was a unique adventure, packed with thousands of steps, keeping students’ hearts and minds busy from morning until night!
Like the sound of this for your school?
Discover more about this tour
There’s so much more to explore…
Because choice is what makes life interesting
Exploring democracy and dictatorship or international relations? Why not do it in Munich?
Exploring international relations or the history of the Polish people and the Communist state? Do it in Krakow.
Berlin & Krakow
Focusing on the rise of the Nazis, the Holocaust and WWII? Try a two-centre tour; Berlin & Krakow.
What our customers say
Miss Victoria Black
Planned well and great customer service from the team.
Mrs Suzanna Cox
A fantastic experience for our students who truly felt that their History course had been brought to life for them.
Trinity Catholic High School
Mr Gavin Abrahams
An great educational experience that brought the history of Germany in the twentieth century to life.
FAQs about this tour
Find the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
Do you provide risk assessments for hotels?
Rayburn Tours have individual audits which are completed on every hotel/accommodation centre which we use. We are more than happy for you to see this should you wish. Our audits cover fire safety, means of escape and general safety.
What if the weather is bad on tour and it means we have to change our programme?
It’s no problem at all! If you are accompanied by a Rayburn Tours representative they will be happy to help. Alternatively, call us on the 24-hour emergency line. We will advise on all excursions where necessary, however, it may not always be possible to reschedule all activities in bad weather.
What does our insurance cover us for?
Our insurance providers offer comprehensive cover to our groups for the duration of their tour and is tailored specifically for schools, with specialist insurance policies for individual tour types. As with any insurance cover, it is vital that you read through the terms and conditions and that you declare any relevant information as requested. Please see our insurance page for further information and to see what is covered. For groups opting to take their own insurance, we highly recommend that you read all inclusions and exclusions prior to departure.
Is our Tour Manager fully DBS (formerly CRB) checked?
Our Tour Managers, Field Study Tutors and History Tour Guides, with UK citizenship, have an enhanced DBS check. Non UK citizenship Tour Managers cannot be checked under the DBS scheme. Rayburn Tours will seek confirmation that Tour Managers are suitable for working with children by liaising with relevant foreign agents and monitoring group feedback.
Travel in safe hands
Your safety is of the utmost importance to us and we monitor the safety aspects of all of our tours to ensure you have a memorable experience for all the right reasons.Discover More