School Language Trips to Barcelona
Where the magic of Spain is found
For an adventure that’s as colourful as the land itself, set your sights on a school Spanish trip to Barcelona. Whilst you’ll tick off the big-hitting hotspots, we’ll help you escape the hustle and bustle and experience this well-known city through its lesser-known sights.
You’ll explore hidden barrios full of character, treasure-hunt your way around the city’s quieter corners and whip up some authentic Spanish food in a cookery lesson. From the lively spirit of La Rambla and Boqueria Market to the architectural gems of Gaudi, you’ll develop your Spanish in a whole new way.
Rayburn Covid Guarantee
Book with confidence with our Covid Guarantee, which provides unrivalled, extra flexible cancellation policies and even more support. Find out more.
Our Recommended Itinerary
Here’s what your trip could look like
Flight and transfer to Barcelona
Observe Spain’s varied architectural styles with a visit to Poble Espanyol, before exploring the rest of the Montjuic area of Barcelona
Evening meal and Fun Files quiz
Evening meal and Fun Files activity
Hard Rock Cafe
Visit the Gothic Quarter, La Boqueria Market & Las Ramblas, Barcelona Port and the Maremagnum Shopping Centre or the beach
Transfer and flight home
- Return flights from UK to Barcelona
- Return airport transfers in resort
- Half board accommodation
- Language Tuition
- Travel insurance
- Free staff place ratio 1:10
- 24/7 support
- Vamoos travel app & info pack
- Tailor-made itinerary
- Language Lessons
- La Boqueria Market
- Gothic Quarter & Las Ramblas
- Sagrada Familia
- Park Guell
- Poble Espanyol
- Hard Rock Café Barcelona
- Language Tuition
- Dedicated Tour Manager
- Hoodies and Polo Shirts
Popular places to stay in Barcelona
- Centrally located in the Plaza Real in the city’s Gothic Quarter
- Short distance to the beach and close to Las Ramblas
- Triple and twin bed rooms
- En-suite facilities
- Vending machine for snacks and drinks
- Air conditioning
- Luggage storage
- Reception open 24/7
- Explore the Gothic Quarter on foot
- Spend a few hours relaxing on the beach
- Head to Las Ramblas for a spot of shopping
- 5 minute walk from Maria Cristina Metro Station
- 10 minute walk from Sants train station
- Close to Camp Nou Stadium
- Multi, quad, triple, twin and single bed rooms
- En-suite facilities
- Guest kitchen
- Shared lounge and TV area
- Large terrace with outdoor seating
- Games room with table tennis
- Chill out and watch TV in the shared lounge
- Soak up the sun on the large outdoor terrace
- Play a game of table tennis
- Hop on the Metro or the train and go sightseeing in central Barcelona
- Located in the trendy Gracia neighbourhood
- Close to Sagrada Familia, La Pedrera, Casa Batllo & Paseo de Gracia
- Within walking distance of nearby restaurants and cafes
- Indoor pool
- Sports hall
- Indoor pool
- Fitness centre (additional charge)
- Spa and wellness area
- Common room with movies, books & cable TV
- Computers with 24 hour free internet access
- Go for a swim in the pool
- Work out in the fitness centre
- Relax in the spa
- Watch a film in the common room
- Explore the Gracia neighbourhood on foot
- Visit the nearby attractions and eateries
Excursions in Barcelona
Browse a selection of our favourite excursions
- Art & Architecture
- Cultural Heritage
- Food & Drink
- Travel & Tourism
- Youth Culture
Your journey doesn’t have to end here! See what else we can offer to help you get the most out of your tour. From bespoke language tuition to dedicated Tour Managers, we’ll go above and beyond to support you and your students.
Discover more about this tour
Because choice is what makes life interesting
Already done Barcelona? Swap the north for the south and explore Granada's Moorish heritage.
Fancy exploring the original home of flamenco and the Alcázar castle complex? Try Seville instead.
Teaching younger students? Don't fancy Barcelona's hustle & bustle? Try Cantabria for a laid back coastal tour.
What our customers say
Ms Pamela Jackson
It was a pleasure to work with the Rayburn team who dealt with all our questions quickly and effectively.
Belper School and Sixth Form Centre
Mr Harvey Ross
Superbly organised and efficient with a good range of activities to suit all.
The Henrietta Barnett School
Rayburn Tours’ customer service was excellent from the outset with quick, speedy responses.
The Read School
FAQs about this tour
Find the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
Do you provide risk assessments for the visits you offer?
You can download our Generic Risk Management Handbook which will help you complete your risk assessment for your school or Local Authority. The aim of the handbook is to provide all tour leaders with supportive suggestions to help raise awareness to risk, suggest control measures to help mitigate the risk and manage risk pro-actively. For further assistance, please speak to a member of our team who will be happy to help.
Can I talk to Rayburn Tours whilst out on tour?
Yes, a 24-hour emergency phone number will be provided in your final documents pack and one of our experienced members of staff will be happy to help with any problems you have whilst out on tour.
Are seatbelts provided on foreign coaches?
This depends on the country where you are visiting and their local laws. However, we will always endeavour to use coach companies who use coaches fitted with seatbelts.
What do I need to do to ensure safe travel for my group?
Information is available from your Local Authority on what is expected from party leaders on a trip. In addition, we are happy to assist you in ensuring that you have all of the necessary information to successfully assess risks and ensure a safe trip for you and your group. Further advice and information can be found on the OEAP National Guidance website.
Travel in safe hands
Your safety is of the utmost importance to us and we monitor the safety aspects of all of our tours to ensure you have a memorable experience for all the right reasons.Discover More