School History Trips to Berlin
When the time is right, Berlin's waiting
Beneath Berlin’s vibrant urban culture lies a rich and complex history. Visit the palaces that tell the story of Berlin and Germany’s rise to importance, and explore the poignant museums and memorials that address the horrors and persecutions of the Nazi era.
Rayburn Covid Guarantee
Book with confidence with our Covid Guarantee, which provides unrivalled, extra flexible cancellation policies and even more support. Find out more.
Our Recommended Itinerary
Here’s what your trip could look like
Flight to Berlin
Berlin walking tour
Fun Files quiz
Visit the House of the Wannsee Conference
Memorial and Museum Sachsenhausen
Visit the Reichstag
Berliner Unterwelten Guided Tour
Berlin TV Tower
Topography of Terror
Transfer to airport
Based on 4 day, 3 night tour for 36 passengers (+4 free places) travelling. Subject to availability.
- Return flights from UK to Berlin
- Return airport transfers in resort
- Public transport tickets in resort
- 1 full day additional coaching (Wannsee & Sachsenhausen day)
- Half board accommodation
- Travel insurance
- Free staff place ratio 1:10
- 24/7 support
- Vamoos travel app & info pack
- Tailor-made itinerary
- Berlin Walking Tour
- Reichstag Building
- House of the Wannsee Conference
- Memorial & Museum Sachsenhausen
- Berliner Unterwelten Guided Tour |
- DDR Museum
- Topography of Terror
- Berlin TV Tower
- History Tour Guide
- Dedicated Tour Manager
- Hoodies and Polo Shirts
Excursions in Berlin
Browse a selection of our favourite excursions
Expertly tailored to the curriculum
Popular places to stay in Berlin
- Located beside Humboldthain Park in the Mitte district
- 5 minute walk from Gesundbrunnen Centre shopping mall
- Within walking distance of Berliner Unterwelten underground tour
- Multi, quad, triple, twin and single beds with en-suite rooms
- Family-friendly club room with pool table, table football, darts and TV
- Vending machine
- Luggage storage
- Spend some time in the club room playing pool or darts
- Enjoy a night of karaoke
- Walk to the Gesundbrunnen Centre for a spot of shopping
- Grab a bite to eat in one of the nearby restaurants or bars
- Relax in Humboldthain Park just next door
- Situated in Prenzlauer Berg and close to the metro system
- Close to the Hackescher Markt shopping area
- Multi, quad, triple, twin and single bed rooms
- En-suite rooms
- Café and bar area
- Common room with pool table and table football
- Luggage storage
- Grab a drink in the café and bar area
- Relax in the common room and play a game of pool or table football
- Hop on the metro for sightseeing in the city centre
- Enjoy a spot of shopping at the nearby Hackescher Markt
All secondary school students
- The formation of Germany
- Imperial German history
- The First World War
- The Weimar Republic
- The Second World War
- The Holocaust
- The Cold War
- The EU and modern Europe
Your journey doesn’t have to end here! See what else we can offer to help you get the most out of your tour. From expert History Tour Guides to dedicated Tour Managers, we’ll go above and beyond to support you and your students.
Discover more about this tour
There’s so much more to explore…
Because choice is what makes life interesting
Exploring democracy and dictatorship or international relations? Why not do it in Munich?
Exploring international relations or the history of the Polish people and the Communist state? Do it in Krakow.
Berlin & Krakow
Focusing on the rise of the Nazis, the Holocaust and WWII? Try a two-centre tour; Berlin & Krakow.
What our customers say
Libby Weltman, Priestnall School
I would like you to know that we have been very impressed with our correspondence with Rayburn this year and, as our Berlin trip is a regular one, we will definitely look to give you the business for our trip next year.
Roy Hilll, Bursar of Channing School
Thank you for your supportive and positive approach – I really do hope that normality will return soon and trips will be able to start again.
Lucy Kitchener, Mount St Mary's College
I really appreciate all your efforts in recovering our money and your excellent communication as always.
FAQs about this tour
Find the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
Are you taking bookings right now and how far ahead should we plan?
Yes, we are absolutely taking bookings! Due to the bespoke nature of our trips, we always recommend you try planning at least a year ahead. We have already taken many bookings for next year and a good amount of groups are choosing to plan even further ahead for 2022, giving them plenty of time to launch the trips to parents and students. Ultimately, the further you can plan ahead, the better.
What is the FCO advice in regards to safe air travel?
The FCO have provided guidelines on how you can travel safely in airports and on aircrafts during the coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak. Airports and airlines are committed to making your journey as safe as possible. You can read their guidance here.
Is our Tour Manager fully DBS (formerly CRB) checked?
Our Tour Managers, Field Study Tutors and History Tour Guides, with UK citizenship, have an enhanced DBS check. Non UK citizenship Tour Managers cannot be checked under the DBS scheme. Rayburn Tours will seek confirmation that Tour Managers are suitable for working with children by liaising with relevant foreign agents and monitoring group feedback.
Travel in safe hands
Your safety is of the utmost importance to us and we monitor the safety aspects of all of our tours to ensure you have a memorable experience for all the right reasons.Discover More