School History Trips to Berlin
When the time is right, Berlin's waiting
School History Trips to Berlin dig beneath the cities vibrant urban culture to reveal a rich and complex history. Visit the palaces that tell the story of Berlin and Germany’s rise to importance, explore the poignant museums, the rise and fall of the Berlin Wall, and war memorials that address the horrors and persecutions of the Nazi era. Berlin has so much to offer culturally and you’d be hard pressed to find a destination more relevant to recent history. Step into the story and see how a history trip to Berlin could work for your school.
Rayburn Covid Guarantee
Book with confidence with our Covid Guarantee, which provides unrivalled, extra flexible cancellation policies and even more support. Find out more.
Our Recommended Itinerary
Here’s what your trip could look like
Flight to Berlin
Berlin walking tour
Fun Files quiz
Visit the House of the Wannsee Conference
Memorial and Museum Sachsenhausen
Visit the Reichstag
Berliner Unterwelten Guided Tour
Berlin TV Tower
Topography of Terror
Transfer to airport
Based on 4 day, 3 night tour for 36 passengers (+4 free places) travelling October 2023. Subject to availability.
- Return flights from UK to Berlin
- Return airport transfers in resort
- Public transport tickets in resort
- 1 full day additional coaching (Wannsee & Sachsenhausen day)
- Half board accommodation
- Travel insurance
- Free staff place ratio 1:10
- 24/7 support
- Vamoos travel app & info pack
- Tailor-made itinerary
- Berlin Walking Tour
- Reichstag Building
- House of the Wannsee Conference
- Memorial & Museum Sachsenhausen
- Berliner Unterwelten Guided Tour |
- DDR Museum
- Topography of Terror
- Berlin TV Tower
- History Tour Guide
- Dedicated Tour Manager
- Hoodies and Polo Shirts
Excursions in Berlin
What to expect with School History Trips to Berlin
Expertly tailored to the curriculum
Popular places to stay in Berlin
- Located beside Humboldthain Park in the Mitte district
- 5 minute walk from Gesundbrunnen Centre shopping mall
- Within walking distance of Berliner Unterwelten underground tour
- Multi, quad, triple, twin and single beds with en-suite rooms
- Customer Feedback: "Hotel was good value for money, staff were helpful and there were no problems with the service!" Our Lady of Sion Senior School
- Customer Feedback: "Our second year staying here! It's ideal for school groups, serves excellent breakfast & dinner and is in the perfect location." St Paul's Academy
- Family-friendly club room with pool table, table football, darts and TV
- Vending machine
- Luggage storage
- Spend some time in the club room playing pool or darts
- Enjoy a night of karaoke
- Walk to the Gesundbrunnen Centre for a spot of shopping
- Grab a bite to eat in one of the nearby restaurants or bars
- Relax in Humboldthain Park just next door
- Situated in Prenzlauer Berg and close to the metro system
- Close to the Hackescher Markt shopping area
- Multi, quad, triple, twin and single bed rooms
- En-suite rooms
- Customer Feedback: "The hotel was very good and the rooms were lovely" Trinity Catholic High School
- Café and bar area
- Common room with pool table and table football
- Luggage storage
- Grab a drink in the café and bar area
- Relax in the common room and play a game of pool or table football
- Hop on the metro for sightseeing in the city centre
- Enjoy a spot of shopping at the nearby Hackescher Markt
All secondary school students
- The formation of Germany
- Imperial German history
- The First World War
- The Weimar Republic
- The Second World War
- The Holocaust
- The Cold War
- The EU and modern Europe
Cross Curricular Trips to Berlin
Berlin is much more than just it’s history, it’s a vibrant modern city that is perfect for cross curricular tours and you could combine Cultural, Language, and Christmas Market trips with a history tour or whatever combination best suits your group or goals.
Discover more about this tour
There’s so much more to explore…
Because choice is what makes life interesting
Exploring democracy and dictatorship or international relations? Why not do it in Munich?
Exploring international relations or the history of the Polish people and the Communist state? Do it in Krakow.
Berlin & Krakow
Focusing on the rise of the Nazis, the Holocaust and WWII? Try a two-centre tour; Berlin & Krakow.
What our customers say
Luke White, The Mosslands School
A perfectly orchestrated tour to suit the needs of the thirty boys we took to Berlin
Mr Craig Wilson, Dollar Academy
An incredibly educational, engaging and exciting tour where all of our needs were very well accounted for.
Mr. Milan Jayasuriya, Oriel High School
A pleasantly enjoyable historical and cultural experience that grabbed our students’ attention and engagement all the way through!
FAQs about this tour
Find the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
Is Berlin suitable for both GCSE and A-Level students?
Absolutely. The benefit of having a History Tour Guide to accompany your tour, is that they can add a more intense focus to your students learning experience.
What is the best time of year to visit Berlin on school history trip?
The great news is that you can pretty much travel all year round – but bear in mind it can be cold in winter!
Does the Berlin trip work well as a two centre tour when combined with Krakow?
Absolutely yes. Your students will be able to focus on the Final Solution In Berlin and the consequences that followed in Krakow.
Travel in safe hands
Your safety is of the utmost importance to us and we monitor the safety aspects of all of our tours to ensure you have a memorable experience for all the right reasons.Discover More