School History Trips to Berlin
When the time is right, Berlin's waiting
Prepare to be captivated by the complex history that lies beneath the vibrant urban culture of Berlin. Witness first-hand the rise and fall of the Berlin Wall, a symbol of division and reconciliation, and pay your respects at poignant war memorials that serve as powerful reminders of the persecutions of the Nazi era.
A history trip to Berlin will uncover an alluring network of stories that will captivate, inspire, and magnify the learning experience of your students. From exploring breath-taking tales of wartime bravery to discovering an incredible city reborn from the ashes of conflict, this journey will stay with your students for a lifetime.
Our Recommended Itinerary
Here’s what your trip could look like
Flight to Berlin
Berlin walking tour
Fun Files quiz
Visit the House of the Wannsee Conference
Memorial and Museum Sachsenhausen
Visit the Reichstag
Berliner Unterwelten Guided Tour
Berlin TV Tower
Topography of Terror
Transfer to airport
Based on 4 day, 3 night tour for 36 passengers (+4 free places) travelling October 2024. Subject to availability.
- Return flights from UK to Berlin
- Return airport transfers in resort
- Public transport tickets in resort
- 1 full day additional coaching (Wannsee & Sachsenhausen day)
- Half board accommodation
- Travel insurance
- Free staff place ratio 1:10
- 24/7 support
- Vamoos travel app & info pack
- Tailor-made itinerary
- Berlin Walking Tour
- Reichstag Building
- House of the Wannsee Conference
- Memorial & Museum Sachsenhausen
- Berliner Unterwelten Guided Tour |
- DDR Museum
- Topography of Terror
- Berlin TV Tower
- History Tour Guide
- Dedicated Tour Manager
- Hoodies and Polo Shirts
Excursions in Berlin
What to expect with School History Trips to Berlin
Expertly tailored to the curriculum
Popular places to stay in Berlin
- Cool with a capital C!
- Good access to public transport links
- Multi, quad, triple, twin and single beds
- En-suite rooms
- Perfect for school groups
- Varied breakfast and dinner menus
- Great chill out area with oversized table football
- Lounge area
- Restaurant and bar
“This fantastic youth Hostel is cool with a capital C. Staying on a half board basis the food was varied and plentiful ensuring our students were well fuelled at the start and the end of each day!
- Kick back in the games room
- Relax in the lounge area
- Enjoy some fresh air in the garden
- Grab a bite to eat and drink in the restaurant and bar
- Hop on the train to the centre of Berlin for sightseeing
- Located beside Humboldthain Park in the Mitte district
- 5 minute walk from Gesundbrunnen Centre shopping mall
- Within walking distance of Berliner Unterwelten underground tour
- Multi, quad, triple, twin and single beds with en-suite rooms
- Customer Feedback: "Hotel was good value for money, staff were helpful and there were no problems with the service!" Our Lady of Sion Senior School
- Customer Feedback: "Our second year staying here! It's ideal for school groups, serves excellent breakfast & dinner and is in the perfect location." St Paul's Academy
- Family-friendly club room with pool table, table football, darts and TV
- Vending machine
- Luggage storage
- Spend some time in the club room playing pool or darts
- Enjoy a night of karaoke
- Walk to the Gesundbrunnen Centre for a spot of shopping
- Grab a bite to eat in one of the nearby restaurants or bars
- Relax in Humboldthain Park just next door
All secondary school students
- The formation of Germany
- Imperial German history
- The First World War
- The Weimar Republic
- The Second World War
- The Holocaust
- The Cold War
- The EU and modern Europe
Exploring Berlin History on foot and using public transport!
We recently travelled on a History Tour to Berlin with the students of Holy Cross School, accompanied by their History Tour Guide Trevor, to embark on a 4-day exploration of Berlin using its network of excellent public transport links!
Brace yourself for what was a unique adventure, packed with thousands of steps, keeping students’ hearts and minds busy from morning until night!
Like the sound of this for your school?
There’s so much more to explore…
Because choice is what makes life interesting
Exploring democracy and dictatorship or international relations? Why not do it in Munich?
Exploring international relations or the history of the Polish people and the Communist state? Do it in Krakow.
Berlin & Krakow
Focusing on the rise of the Nazis, the Holocaust and WWII? Try a two-centre tour; Berlin & Krakow.
What our customers say
Luke White, The Mosslands School
A perfectly orchestrated tour to suit the needs of the thirty boys we took to Berlin
Mr Craig Wilson, Dollar Academy
An incredibly educational, engaging and exciting tour where all of our needs were very well accounted for.
Mr. Milan Jayasuriya, Oriel High School
A pleasantly enjoyable historical and cultural experience that grabbed our students’ attention and engagement all the way through!
FAQs about this tour
Find the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
Is Berlin suitable for both GCSE and A-Level students?
Absolutely. The benefit of having a History Tour Guide to accompany your tour, is that they can add a more intense focus to your students learning experience.
What is the best time of year to visit Berlin on school history trip?
The great news is that you can pretty much travel all year round – but bear in mind it can be cold in winter!
Does the Berlin trip work well as a two centre tour when combined with Krakow?
Absolutely yes. Your students will be able to focus on the Final Solution In Berlin and the consequences that followed in Krakow.
Is Berlin only suitable for History trips?
Berlin is a great destination for all kinds of trips! As the beating heart of Germany, Berlin is a unique mix of urban edge, cultural expression and palpable history. Aside from the city’s rich history, students can practice their language skills or around Christmas time, explore the city squares lined with garland-bedecked stalls and the aroma of marzipan and fried doughnuts!
How can I prepare my students for the content we will explore on the trip?
Being tailor-made, our trips are designed to align with your curriculum and class’s interests. We have a wealth of FREE resources and fun games to utilise, and insightful blogs. Check out… ‘Brilliant Things You Can Do to Enhance Your WW1 and WW2 History Tour’.
Are there any opportunities for alternative activities to provide a break from hard-hitting history topics?
Absolutely! We recognise the importance of a well-rounded experience and strive to engage students in the world of history while also allowing them time to decompress. Our tours can offer a variety of activities, so students can achieve the right balance between immersive learning and chill time.
Travel in safe hands
Your safety is of the utmost importance to us and we monitor the safety aspects of all of our tours to ensure you have a memorable experience for all the right reasons.Discover More