School History Trips to Berlin
Negotiate your way through the eras of German history
Beneath Berlin’s vibrant urban culture lies a rich and complex history. A city that staged a revolution, was headquartered by Nazis, hit by bombs, divided in two and finally reunited, there’s so much history for you and your students to uncover in this fascinating city.
You’ll uncover a piece of the past with every corner turned. Whilst the streets and palaces tell the story of Berlin and Germany’s rise to importance, the poignant museums and memorials address the horrors and persecutions of the Nazi era.
Our Recommended Itinerary
Here’s what your trip could look like
Flight to Berlin
Berlin walking tour
Fun Files quiz
Visit the House of the Wannsee Conference
Memorial and Museum Sachsenhausen
Visit the Reichstag
Berliner Unterwelten Guided Tour
Berlin TV Tower
Topography of Terror
Transfer to airport
Based on 4 day, 3 night tour for 36 passengers (+4 free places) travelling October 2019. Subject to availability.
- Return flights from UK to Berlin
- Return airport transfers in resort
- Public transport tickets in resort
- 1 full day additional coaching (Wannsee & Sachsenhausen day)
- Half board accommodation
- Travel insurance
- Free staff place ratio 1:10
- 24/7 support
- Vamoos travel app & info pack
- Tailor-made itinerary
- Berlin Walking Tour
- Reichstag Building
- House of the Wannsee Conference
- Memorial & Museum Sachsenhausen
- Berliner Unterwelten Guided Tour |
- DDR Museum
- Topography of Terror
- Berlin TV Tower
- History Tour Guide
- Dedicated Tour Manager
- Hoodies and Polo Shirts
Popular places to stay in Berlin
Meininger Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz
A&O Berlin Hauptbahnhof
- Located beside Humboldthain Park in the Mitte district
- 5 minute walk from Gesundbrunnen Centre shopping mall
- Within walking distance of Berliner Unterwelten underground tour
- Multi, quad, triple, twin and single beds with en-suite rooms
- Family-friendly club room with pool table, table football, darts and TV
- Vending machine
- Luggage storage
- Spend some time in the club room playing pool or darts
- Enjoy a night of karaoke
- Walk to the Gesundbrunnen Centre for a spot of shopping
- Grab a bite to eat in one of the nearby restaurants or bars
- Relax in Humboldthain Park just next door
- Situated in Prenzlauer Berg and close to the metro system
- Close to the Hackescher Markt shopping area
- Multi, quad, triple, twin and single bed rooms
- En-suite rooms
- Café and bar area
- Common room with pool table and table football
- Luggage storage
- Grab a drink in the café and bar area
- Relax in the common room and play a game of pool or table football
- Hop on the metro for sightseeing in the city centre
- Enjoy a spot of shopping at the nearby Hackescher Markt
- Centrally located hostel
- 10 minute walk from Berlin Central Station
- Multi, quad, twin and single bed rooms
- En-suite rooms
- Games room
- Lounge area
- Restaurant and bar
- Souvenir shop
- Kick back in the games room
- Relax in the lounge area
- Enjoy some fresh air in the garden
- Grab a bite to eat and drink in the restaurant and bar
- Hop on the train to the centre of Berlin for sightseeing
Excursions in Berlin
Browse a selection of our favourite excursions
Our popular excursions
There’s so much more to explore…
All secondary school students
- The formation of Germany
- Imperial German history
- The First World War
- The Weimar Republic
- The Second World War
- The Holocaust
- The Cold War
- The EU and modern Europe
Your journey doesn’t have to end here! See what else we can offer to help you get the most out of your tour. From expert History Tour Guides to dedicated Tour Managers, we’ll go above and beyond to support you and your students.
Discover more about this tour
What our customers say
Miss Victoria Black
Planned well and great customer service from the team.
Mrs Suzanna Cox
A fantastic experience for our students who truly felt that their History course had been brought to life for them.
Trinity Catholic High School
Mr Gavin Abrahams
An great educational experience that brought the history of Germany in the twentieth century to life.
FAQs about this tour
Find the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
Do you provide risk assessments for hotels?
Rayburn Tours have individual audits which are completed on every hotel/accommodation centre which we use. We are more than happy for you to see this should you wish. Our audits cover fire safety, means of escape and general safety.
What if the weather is bad on tour and it means we have to change our programme?
It’s no problem at all! If you are accompanied by a Rayburn Tours representative they will be happy to help. Alternatively, call us on the 24-hour emergency line. We will advise on all excursions where necessary, however, it may not always be possible to reschedule all activities in bad weather.
What does our insurance cover us for?
Our insurance providers offer comprehensive cover to our groups for the duration of their tour and is tailored specifically for schools, with specialist insurance policies for individual tour types. As with any insurance cover, it is vital that you read through the terms and conditions and that you declare any relevant information as requested. Please see our insurance page for further information and to see what is covered. For groups opting to take their own insurance, we highly recommend that you read all inclusions and exclusions prior to departure.
Is our Tour Manager fully DBS (formerly CRB) checked?
Our Tour Managers, Field Study Tutors and History Tour Guides, with UK citizenship, have an enhanced DBS check. Non UK citizenship Tour Managers cannot be checked under the DBS scheme. Rayburn Tours will seek confirmation that Tour Managers are suitable for working with children by liaising with relevant foreign agents and monitoring group feedback.
Travel in safe hands
Your safety is of the utmost importance to us and we monitor the safety aspects of all of our tours to ensure you have a memorable experience for all the right reasons.Discover More