School History Trips to New York
An urban jungle of cultural delights and historical significance
A melting pot of cultures, New York’s history is as grand as the city itself. Discover the poignant immigration stories at Ellis Island, learn about the history of international peace and security at the United Nations Building and seek out the city’s insightful museums and monuments. The 9/11 Museum is a particularly moving experience, offering a sensitive insight into the tragic events of September 11. Whatever your area of study, New York will provide your students with a thought-provoking study of American history.
Rayburn Covid Guarantee
Book with confidence with our Covid Guarantee, which provides unrivalled, extra flexible cancellation policies and even more support. Find out more.
Our Recommended Itinerary
Here’s what your trip could look like
Flight to New York
Top of the Rock
Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island Cruise
Irish Hunger Memorial
9/11 Memorial & Museum
Times Square and souvenir shopping
United Nations Visitor Centre or shopping at Macy’s
- Return flights from UK to New York
- Return airport transfers in resort
- B&B accommodation
- Travel insurance
- Free staff place ratio 1:10
- 24/7 support
- Vamoos travel app & info pack
- Tailor-made itinerary
- Top of the Rock
- Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island Cruise
- Irish Hunger Memorial
- Central Park
- Tenement Museum
- 9/11 Memorial & Museum
- Times Square
- United Nations Visitor Centre
- History Tour Guide
- Dedicated Tour Manager
- Hoodies and Polo Shirts
Excursions in New York
Browse a selection of our favourite excursions
Popular places to stay in New York
- Great central location at 48th and Broadway
- Within walking distance of Manhattan’s nightlife, theatre and entertainment scene
- Close to main attractions including Times Square, Rockefeller Centre and Central Park
- Various room types available
- On-site lobby breakfast and 2 adjacent restaurants
- 24-hour fitness centre
- Meeting room
- Explore Manhattan’s nightlife, theatre and entertainment scene
- Visit Times Square, Rockefeller Centre, Central Park and other main attractions
- Work out in the fitness centre
- Enjoy a meal in one of the nearby restaurants
- Fantastic location just a few steps from Central Park
- Twin & single bed rooms
- Shared facilities
- Indoor swimming pool
- Indoor swimming pool
- Gym and fitness classes
- Shared lounge and TV area
- Group activities
- Go for a swim in the indoor pool
- Work up a sweat in the gym
- Relax in the shared lounge and TV area
- Get the group together for some in-house activities
- Walk to Central Park for an afternoon of outdoor fun
Perfect for KS4 and KS5 (or equivalent – may be suitable for KS3)
- British imperial history and governance
- The founding of the US
- The American War of Independence
- The Declaration of Independence
- The American Civil War
- The USA and the First World War
- The 1920s’ economic crash, depression and the new deal
- The Second World War
- The Cold War and American Soviet relations
- The Civil Rights era
- The US policies 1990-2010
Your journey doesn’t have to end here! See what else we can offer to help you get the most out of your tour. From expert History Tour Guides to dedicated Tour Managers, we’ll go above and beyond to support you and your students.
Discover more about this tour
History Tour Guides
There’s so much more to explore…
Because choice is what makes life interesting
Teaching your students about the founding of the US, 1920s economic crash or American conflicts? Visit Washington DC.
New York & Washington DC
Teaching the founding of the US, independence, war or the Great Depression? Try New York & Washington DC!
As the beating heart of Germany, Berlin is a unique mix of urban edge, cultural expression and palpable…
What our customers say
Mr Craig Owen
The excursions were excellent and the pupils certainly had a wonderful experience.
Bolton School Girls' Division
Mr James Pepper
We chose Rayburn due to their excellent customer service and value for money. Knowing they were ABTA and ATOL bonded was also very important.
Arthur Mellows Village College
FAQs about this tour
Find the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
What should be included in my risk assessment?
Start by identifying the potential hazards before deciding on the appropriate precautions to minimize the potential risk for your group. Once identified, record your findings and implement the precautions. Specific requirements are available from your Local Authority.
What happens if I wish to cancel due to an act of terrorism?
If there has been no official advice against travel, yet your group has opted to cancel, then your cancellation is totally subject to our booking conditions (for booking conditions, please see ‘What happens if flights are operating but we decide we do not want to travel?’). However, we will always work with you to try and minimise the financial effect and find the best solution for you.
Is all of your accommodation audited in advance?
Yes, all of our accommodation is audited prior to us offering it to a group. The criterion of these audits is governed by the School Travel Forum (STF). It is important to remember that each country is governed by their own standards and laws and these may differ from UK law. However, we require our accommodation to meet our standards as a minimum. We work with the hotels and agents to endeavour to ensure that our standards are met.
Is our Tour Manager fully DBS (formerly CRB) checked?
Our Tour Managers, Field Study Tutors and History Tour Guides, with UK citizenship, have an enhanced DBS check. Non UK citizenship Tour Managers cannot be checked under the DBS scheme. Rayburn Tours will seek confirmation that Tour Managers are suitable for working with children by liaising with relevant foreign agents and monitoring group feedback.
Travel in safe hands
Your safety is of the utmost importance to us and we monitor the safety aspects of all of our tours to ensure you have a memorable experience for all the right reasons.Discover More